Hi All!!

Lamora(4)December 28, 2012

Well, Christmas has come and gone, the New Year is right around the corner, New hopes, new dreams and hopefully, new beginnings for all. And of course, new PLANTS!! :D

A lot of my plants are already in a "new beginning" mode. I cannot believe how much they have grown this Winter. I don't think any of them went dormant.

Even the Holiday Cactus that I was fretting over so much, has really showed me what they can do!! Very happy to report that the Christmas Cactus that I got from a friend here on GW is doing well. The Thanksgiving cactus that was given to me to rescue is doing very well too.

But all of them have grown so much. Only one Thanksgiving cactus isn't doing too well, but my DH is NOT GIVING UP ON IT! lol,, poor thing. (cactus- not DH, lol) looks like a sad little lost puppy that needs a lot of TLC!

I am going to have to have a "show and tell" post here, a "then and now" kinda thing to let you all see.

Yes, I am a very proud ma-ma now! With every thing going wrong in my life, my plants are the only thing that is doing well. The only thing I have total control of and something is going right! Yeaaaa for me!!

OH!! My husband did cut down a stem of that Green Potho (I think that is what it is) put a lot of stems in a jar of water, not hoping for much, but they are ROOTING AND GETTING LEAVES NOW!! Really surprised us both! I wasn't expecting much and he was expecting less. He has one planted and another one ready to be. It was funny when I showed him the first one, I thought he was going to fall over! lol.

I am totaly amazed at how a plant can "show you" just what it is made of!!

Anyway, will get some pics on here soon. Just to "show off" some~~ hee-hee..

Marjie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meyermike_1micha(5)

Yes, please do! I would love to see some pictures. I am sad, because I can not longer share mine until I get a camera since I lost mine:-(

Look at that! Your husband in helping you and many of us wish we had live in people that loved our plants like we do. Lucky you!

I am trying to root some Moo's and have been for about 3 weeks now. I am glad to report that all the leaves have hung on thus far, no roots though.

It will be a NEW YEAR before we know it and I have already started on a bunch of new plants..lol. Yeah, I just picked up 5 more today.

I hope you have a great night Marjie and the same to all here.
It's snowing right now and I am stuck inside for the night.

MIke:-)

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 6:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Heythere! I'll be looking too. Exciting to hear about the Pothos!

Bookmark   December 29, 2012 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
How to make this fiddle leaf branch out.
This is a fiddle leaf that I wanted to buy on Craigslist....
Pete
The "Show Off" Thread
I love coming to this site for all kinds of useful...
savannaicus
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
Can anyone ID this tree?
It's about 8' tall, a normal 'tree shape'. We got it...
laura242424
Who am I?
I was at WM and this fellow was on clearance and jumped...
savannaicus
Sponsored Products
PlayStar Playsets Discovery Telescope - PS 7832
$28.99 | Hayneedle
Serena & Lily Huntington Basket
Serena & Lily
New Unique Coral Red & Midnight Blue Hand Knotted Heriz 8x10 Wool Area Rug H3497
BH Sun Inc
Dogit Stainless Steel Dog Bowl - 73513
$10.99 | Hayneedle
ELK Lighting Circeo 18120/2 Wall Sconce - Antique White - 11W in. - 18120/2
$198.00 | Hayneedle
Chelsea Home Furniture Zaire Ottoman - 187405-8811-OG
$519.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™