Hi!! Remember me?? lol

Lamora(4)December 22, 2013

Hi know, I haven't been here for a very long time. And I wouldn't blame you if you didn't remember me-- lol I do think about you all a lot tho-- if that counts for anything.. :)

I've had my second knee replaced in Oct. and it hasn't been doing so well, some major issues went on and slowed my progress down a lot.. but it is coming along, slowly, but doing better.

I am going to be on a lot more now that I have gotten a few personal things out of the way. I just wanted to show you a before and after pics of my WJ

This is before the hook broke..

and this is after the hook broke..

poor thing, DH tried to save it, put what he thought he could back in a new pot-- the one it was in broke into many peices.. but as the days went on, it was dying. So we took the good vines that we seen, and put them in water to root. So far they haven't rooted any, and it's been a few weeks. But the leaves don't look bad, only a few didn't make it with that.

This is just the first of before and now pictures I plan on showing you.. (need to practic my photography ;) )

Like I said, I will be here a lot more now. I have a lot to learn still and I want to get my plants up to where I am happy with them.. right now? I am a little disappointed in a few, some are surpising me too!! (in a good way)

I hope you all are having a good Holiday in what ever way you celebrate it--- be safe and have fun!

Marjie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
summersunlight(5b)

Wandering jew is really easy to root in water, so I'd say just give it more time and it will root sooner or later. Hope your knee problems get better.

Bookmark   December 22, 2013 at 10:38PM
rina_

Marjie

Good to see you back, I was thinking about you. Hope your knee heals up really fast.
Good luck with the plants too. Sometimes, less attention you give them, better they do. We tend to 'love them to death' sometimes...lol

All the best and wishing you very happy holidays.

Rina

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 1:35AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Hey, Marjie! So good to hear from you! "The hook broke" - what a bummer! Glad you have that awesome pic - what a great pot it was (and will be again.) I'm lucky that hasn't happened more to me with so many hanging pots. If you got it looking that great to begin with, I'm totally sure you can again, you know what to do. Sending good vibes to you, your family & plants. Hope your Christmas is very merry!
- Tiffany

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 9:01AM
Lamora(4)

hi again,, and thanks for the well wishes for my knee ;) (did much better in p/t today-- proud of myself :) )

Purple-- the plant was bought like that-- full grown cat! It just was getting longer when this happened. Don't know if it will ever be the same. But you know my DH -- he will try to get it there!

Merry Chirstmas to you too!

Marjie

Bookmark   December 23, 2013 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
A lighter gritty mix and a 5-1-1 question
Hey, So I love gritty mix and only have a few plants...
hottomato99
Looking for the 'old' members
I see that Tisha still posts, yay! Hi! :-) I'm in touch...
hobby_libby
I believe this is a corn plant... it's blooming and very frangrant!
I recently acquired this house plant from someone that...
kinziestarr
Fiddle Leaf Ficus brown edges, lighter color veins
I have the Fiddle Leaf Ficus for 2 years now. It was...
vlauz7b
How to introduce houseplants to outside and should i worry bout rodent
I got a lot of house plants in the last 9 months. I...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™