I am Hooked on these Glass Totems

bzacconeJuly 15, 2010

I now have a family of three glass totems. You can just about make out the little one. I went to habitat for humanity thrift store and they were having a fill a bag for $5.00 sale. What you see is two trips and two bags worth of glass plus a few pieces picked up at a garage sale. I want to make one more so I have one medium size. I think I will keep them grouped together as they have more impact. This forum has been great as I learned about these right here. You can see the bowling ball in the background (I previously posted about that). Wishing everyone a good crafty weekend filled with lots of treasures.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

They look great! And your bowling ball is very pretty as well! Great job! Looks like you have a very nice view there too....jealous. ;-)

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 7:05PM
luna_llena_feliz

What a haul! Our Restore doesn't have much in the way of glass. They do have lamps but they are outrageously priced.

Your totems will look stunning grouped together like you want to do. Is that the bowling ball with the chunky glass pieces I liked so much? It looks great in the garden! Keep those projects comin'!

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 7:35PM
jeannespines

Bargain glass! Wow! Looks like you're having lots of fun! I'm partial to the clear glass totems, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 12:42AM
grandma_cindy(5)

Just loverly! I'm having a lot of fun shopping for the glass and putting them together.
Now, what do I do with all of them? lol I dont really have a good place to set up and sell them. Hmmm, maybe I'll get some fellow crafters together and have a garage craft show LOL

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 12:45AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I really like the idea of groups of our garden art. I want a little fleet of 'scrooms, or a fairy ring. and a glass flower bed, and ... well everything!
Your clear totems are very pretty! I suggest you make 2 more!
Kathy

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 7:32AM
oldcrafty(8)

Love your totems and I like the grouping. I have 2 finished and am waiting to gather enough glass for 1 more because I think they look best in 3's. Gotta wait till I find more glass pieces at the right price..........as this is supposed to be fun not a crunch on the budget!!! My faves are the cut glass ones with a little color throwed in. Have a good weekend all!

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 10:42AM
excessfroufrou(7)

Those look great and what a deal on the glassware. I liked the way you grouped them. Have you thought about maybe putting them on a mirror with the rocks sorta covering the edges. I did this with some green totems that I used for an Emerald City in my Oz garden. I love that bolling ball too.
Frou

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Chain link fence arbor how-to ideas?
I have a new chain link fence running from my house...
servelan
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Acrylic vs. outdoor acrylic
Evening all, I am the school gardening mom for my son's...
uptomyeyeballs
Sponsored Products
Karastan Rugs Charisma Totemic 2'6 x 8' Rectangular Graphite Runner Rug
$225.99 | LuxeDecor
Koko Company TOTEM 18 x 18 in. Pillow - 92005
$106.00 | Hayneedle
Foscarini | Diesel Collection Stud Piccola Table Lamp
$536.00 | YLighting
Glass Lamps: 30 in. Polished Nickel Mercury Glass and Metal Table Lamp 5054
Home Depot
Fangio Lighting Lamps # 32 in. Mercury Silver Poly and Glass Table Lamp 5060
Home Depot