Dremel Motor

tehutiJuly 17, 2012

I think I've mentioned this once or twice before. I use my Dremel Motor more than any other tool with the possible exception of my welding equipment. Yes you can "drill" through plates to make garden flowers with a regular drill but with the Dremel motor you can easily drill through curved surfaces (like Bottles) and you can make the hole any shape. The $50.00+/- is well worth the price.

Disclaimer: Nope! I don't work for Dremel nor do I have any investment in the company. The Moto tool at Harbor Freight is too small - in more ways than one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Thanks Robert...I'll have to pass that info along to my DH. He has one, but we've never used it to drill bottles.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 9:17PM
tinfoilhat

I just got done cutting, stripping, and weaving aluminum cable on about 100 beer, wine, and soda bottles. How do you use a regular bit for drilling bottles? I did not know that was possible. Have Dremel Tool and in spite of what my wife says I'm trainable. Give me some info on how to do that.
Please.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 1:33AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

There is a glass bit, it looks pointed, like an arrow tip. I buy bits a the stained glass store that drill holes great, diamond coated.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 11:08AM
cnm1(6 Oh)

I forgot I had the Harbor freight somewhere in the basement.I will break that out and maybe a Dremel can be my Christmas gift!!

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 5:38AM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™