Lesco Fert - Where to buy/which one to get

stslimited84April 14, 2012

Hey all,

I posted a few days ago about this being my first spring at our house. Based on my last thread it was suggested I have enough grass to get through till the fall when I can then overseed. For now fert was suggested.

After reading through the forums it seems alot of you use Lesco so I think Im going to use it...1 for the results you guys get with it and 2 for the support i can receive if i need help from you guys.

I know I need a soil test so I'm trying to find a place I can get that done. I'm in a suburb of Philly if you guys can point me in the right direction.

As far as lesco ferts, can you recommend which to get to start off with? Its getting late in spring so id like to get something down. Where can i find a lesco dealer at? tried googling that info but wasn't getting the results i expected.

I was looking at one of these two spreaders...let me know what you think or if there are better options:

http://www.amazon.com/Earthway-C22HD-Professional-50-Pound-Broadcast/dp/B00002N8IN/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1334456841&sr=8-8

http://www.amazon.com/Earthway-2150-Commercial-Walk-Behind-Broadcast/dp/B00002N66D/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1334456841&sr=8-4

Here's a few a pictures of the front lawn...man do i want to get it to that lush green like you guys have!

Any and all input is welcome :)

Thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitjarfla

Penn State county extension agent plus your zip. County Agriculture Agent + your zip, or some variation will get you to the service which is headquartered at Penn State U.
Lesco --- try lesco + your zip. I tried lesco + pennsylvania and got numerous locations

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 8:22AM
stslimited84

found the county extension office and a JDL dealer. My confusion was due to not realizing Lesco was bought out by JDL.

I'm working on getting the soil tested. Any recommendations on which fert or spreader I listed above?

I'm on about 3/4 acre.

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 11:18AM
stslimited84

bueler?

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 9:06PM
stslimited84

and if one of you knowledgeable folks could help me with an application schedule with the various products, that would be fantastic! :)

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 9:19PM
garycinchicago(Z5 Chicago IL.)

>"Any recommendations on which fert or spreader I listed above?"

I have never read a complaint about an Earthway 2150. Buy it once - for you lifetime.

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 12:05AM
fruitjarfla

Try this one. If it doesn't work for you, try another state's extension service that has climate equal to yours. PSU also has phone numbers available to get publications and solutions.
http://cropsoil.psu.edu/turf/extension/home-lawns

Bookmark   April 17, 2012 at 7:46AM
More Discussions
just bought hybrid bermuda sod will be here in a week. any tips? Socal
hello all I live in southern california and have tifgreen...
bnsand210
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
What order do I restore my lawn?
I live in the CA Bay Area and have a fescue lawn. ...
Brent Villalobos
Lawn issues (tree roots drying out lawn, uneven ground, grading e
I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first...
tomormatt
New bermuda sod just installed
It is 30 degrees here and I was told to water every...
420benz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™