Mower just won't quit.

topsiebeezelbub(z7 Al)February 25, 2014

The last couple days were lovely, so I got out my Honda HRR216VYA, a little over a year old, and started bagging the leaves on my lawn. It starts great, runs just fine, but when I turn to the Stop setting it keeps running. I came in for a cup of coffee, checked my email, and it was still running when I went back out! The service guy will charge a fortune to look at it. I had stabilizer in the gas. I finally engaged the blades and mowed really slow until it quit. What could be its problem? Overachiever?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Maybe a quick cable adjustment is all you need. The control when pulled back, contacts a stop switch. You will want to see that it is being activated. A wire leaves that switch and goes to the ignition coil under the shroud. Basically it supplies a ground to the coil to stop the engine.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:09PM
bob_k

If you can't figure it out you can shut the gas off. You should be doing that anyway after you are thru using it.

Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 8:24AM
rcmoser

"a little over a year old" You would think less than two years old it may be under warranty?

I got one that wont' die also as in give up the ghost. It's been pulled out of the trash twice. Freebee on side of the road, ran it for 4 years, gave it to my son, he ran it for 3 years, discarded in the trash pile. I again drug it home, cleaned out the gas tank and carb. decarbonized the head, changed the oil, and Bam fired right up. Most would call it cheap crappie craftsman with TEC flat head engine. But I still starts on the second or third pull and is at least 15 years old.

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Lawn-boy F Series - Connecting Rod play ?
I have my Lawn-boy apart to replace upper and lower...
bhap
John Deere 14SB Transmission
Greetings! I have a John Deere 14SB self-propelled...
greenhand
Charger for/charging a Toro GTS 6.75 hp
I recently acquired a several year old Toro GTS 6.75...
bkay2000
Kohler Knowledge
I am replacing my 2nd B&S 23HP engine on a Simplicity...
wekjo
Tom Boy Lawnmowers????
Has anyone seen or heard of Tom-Boy push lawn mowers????...
bekellog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™