Step 2 Fert - Heavy Rain

Ibanez540rMay 26, 2011

So I've been waiting for a dry day or two to put down Scotts step 2 of the 4 step program. Yesterday was a decent day and I saw there was no rain until this evening - over the recommended 24hr period. So, I sprinkled the lawn to get it wet so the weed killer would stick and laid it down. Well, after a little bit of normal rain this afternoon, we got hit with a MONSOON of rain! Somewhere in the area of 1.5-2in. in a short period. More random storms over the next day or so..

Did everything get watered in or just washed away? I was not home to see what the yard looked like, but it's mainly flat with maybe a very slight grade towards a front ditch.

...worried I just wasted my second step. I know as far as weed control I can always do something additional, but don't want to use more fert not knowing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

Missing the late spring app of fert is not a calamity. You got some. I would be very hesitant to reapply. Fall is when grass should be fertilized anyway.

If you really want to do something, you could try organic fertilizer. It has no interactions with the chemical fertilizer, does not wash away, and can be used over and over with no harm.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
Bermudagrass seeds from big box store
I had great luck with a certain name brand seed last...
ReelJake
Lawn care novice
I recently purchased a home in late fall and I'm new...
cdouglas10683
Lawn issues (tree roots drying out lawn, uneven ground, grading e
I have been a long time lurker, but this is my first...
tomormatt
Poa Annua already making it's jump!
PA typically comes up here in April, we're mid Feb...
gsweater
Lawn drainage on the cheap?
My husband and I bought a house in November, and have...
galiana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™