Weeds in my lawn

butchie1993May 24, 2012

Good morning I usually consider myself a drive by on this site. I usually read to see if anything I can pick up knowledge wise on my lawn. I live in Waldorf, MD and we are having alot of rain in the next 4-5 days. My lawn had a lot of weeds but I feel I did a good job maintaining them. My question is when lawn get a consistant amount of rain does that some how bring or help weeds to grow in your lawn? i cut my grass at the highest point becaues I don't have trees and by July my lawn takes a heavy pounding of sun. My main concern is weeds and trying to help it stay green. I don't have a sprinkler system so I move my sprinklers around myself. LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

Yes, continual moisture will sprout all the weed seeds your lawn has. You are doing the right thing by leaving the grass long. Tall grass will help to shade out any new seedlings and keep them from taking root.

Nothing funny about a hose sprinkler. I have 4 zones of underground sprinklers but I stopped using them in October. I prefer the control I can get with an oscillator sprinkler on a hose.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 11:28PM
More Discussions
bermuda thin and dry, needs to be revived.
just joined the forum, lots of great info BTW, needing...
tig488
Convert lawn full of old dog feces to normal lawn
Hello, I would love some advice on trying to get a...
jillian242424
New house in Zone 8- needing advice
first post here. i live in the Little Rock area and...
wt168048
Applying Prodiamine with Backpack Sprayer
Hi All- Hoping Morph or another GW expert can help...
BondBull
Electric push mower vs Gas mower self propelled
I recently fired my lawn service and decided to do...
tuber1974
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™