concrete adhesive for pebble mosaic

tricia257(5)August 11, 2010

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but there seems to be some discussion of pebble mosaics...

I'm new to this and I would like to do a direct method pebble mosaic and the book I have says to use a waterproof frostproof concrete basd adhesive to adhere the pebbles to the concrete base. I've gone to the local hardware stores and the guys there haven't been really helpful. Can anyone give me the specific name of something I could use. i'm doing a stepping stone but it won't get a lot of traffic. Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluestar_tam

If it wouldn't get a lot of traffic, I would use the GE Silicone II. I use it for everything & it's great!

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 8:47AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Hi Tricia and welcome to GJ.

Not trying to run you off at all, but there is a mosaic forum over under the Homesite list if you want to check over there as well. Many of us post on both sites so someone who has a lot of experience with pebbles might see it here anyway. Then when you finish it, be sure to come back and show pictures.

I actually have the same question because I want do a pebble mosaic on my shed porch. So thanks for asking and I'll be watching the answers.

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 10:22AM
Marlene Kindred

Hi Tricia~

Take a look at the this2that.com website...it's a website that tells you what kind of glue works best for certain mediums. Hope it will help you!

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 10:56AM
luna_llena_feliz

You want to look for Thinset. It's a cement based adhesive good for adhering stones or tiles. It comes in powder form and you mix it with water. You can get it at any home improvement store. The same workers who looked at you like you were nuts should know what it is. I had the same reaction when asking around for mosaic materials at a big box home improvement store.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 1:51AM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™