More Iron Finds

kirkus(5a)August 24, 2010

I found these iron finds at my favorite country thrift store. The owner knows me well and let me look in his van before he even unloaded things for the shop! :o)

This is a heavy, little sheep. Placed it on my potting bench.

This is an iron bracket I used for hanging a cement bunny. My wife and I bought the bunny the year we were married. Looks whimsical. :o)

These are 2 iron fence pieces. I got a great deal on them. I placed them at the corner of a garden. The owner said he had more. Hmmmmmm... I love these and the rusticness of them!

This is my favorite. A rustic decoration with a garden theme! Haven't decided where to place it yet. It's about a foot and a half long. I hosed it down so you could see all of the details on it. It is more rustic than it appears in the picture.

Had to share my recent treasures. Now, my wife Carol says that I need to stay away from my favorite thrift store for awhile so I don't spend so much money! LOL Bear Hugs! Kirk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luna_llena_feliz

I love those caste iron figures like your sheep. I have a bunny, a birdbath with 2 birds and a little bird. Your swingin' bunny looks so adorable on that cool bracket and I like your rusty fence too. I hope you are able to get more pieces before Carol sews your wallet shut. lol I really like that rusty plaque too. All wonderful finds!

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 1:48AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Wow, I would love that store too! That little sheep is soooo special. The bracket, the plaque, everything is nice.

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 10:42AM
tasymo

I LOVE your little sheep! I've developed quite a fondness for white painted rusty stuff. The hanging hook is very cool too. I envy you with your little country junk shop!

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 11:56AM
jeannespines

Kirk...I love the cast iron sheep...looks great sitting on your potting table! That bracket is perfect for your memorable bunny! Love it! And that long rustic garden decor thing-y would look great just leaning against an old wooden box that you have planted with something...maybe on your deck with your veggie garden...got a spot there for it? I have a smaller one & lean it against an old box I have planted out in the bird arbor with a red Fountain grass & peppermint.

But, boy, did you score with that iron fence! It's rustic look fits right in that garden with your deck! Must be a great store! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 8:59PM
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

Really cool stuff THAT LAMB is super wonderful!
tanya

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 9:50PM
bverste(zone 5)

I loved it all, but ESPECIALLY the rabbit on the swing. He looked like he was enjoying the ride! Lucky lucky u. Bev

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 10:19PM
sunnyca_gw

Does the sheep/ram have any holes under his belly, I wonder if he used to advertise a sheep farm & be on top of a roof?? Love him whatever he is & the fencing is wonderful, old English Gardens come to mind! I have a rabbit on a swing too but he has a big carrot. DD gave him to me. Great store!! I would be broke!! Jan

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:41AM
Marlene Kindred

Ok, it's official....I AM JEALOUS! I can't believe all of the great pieces of ironwork that you find my friend! WOW!!!!! Love them all....I have GOT to come to Washington and we have GOT to go shopping!

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:56PM
geeme(5)

wonderful treasures, I love the garden sign best, think that one would end up in my house to see all winter....Yea Sept 1 is almost here... enjoy while you can...

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 4:12PM
kathi_mdgd

WOW,what great pieces,my favorite is the last one.Good haul!!TFS
Kathi

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 4:53PM
Purplemoon

What fantastic finds! I'd want to camp out at that shop, and the owner sounds like a good person to know! :o)
Everything is wonderful, and once I drug my eyes off the darling swinging bunny, I went nuts over the fence. It looks great in that spot. I'd be buying all he had!

Congratulations on all your treasures!
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 2:48AM
tehuti

What a great find. I simply have to get out more.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 10:17AM
oldcrafty(8)

WOW...such great finds ....love it all but my fave is the swinging bunny. Keep that treasure hunt going!!!

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 10:21AM
spedigrees z4VT

Those are some great finds, Kirk! I love rustic wrought iron and cast iron too. The fence is really lovely. Remonds me of all the beautiful antique wrought iron work in Boston.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 11:35AM
spedigrees z4VT

Last sentence was supposed to begin "Reminds ..." (I wish these forums had an 'edit' feature.)

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 11:41AM
desertrat1(Zone8_CA)

Absolutely LOVE your rusty and rustic finds! The plaque looks like chocolate. I want to go to your thrift store.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 10:40PM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

I'm not typically into the cutesy garden decor, but I would steal that bunny on the swing in a heartbeat!! I love the expression on it's little face & it's so cool to have him attached to an awesome bracket!

I just have to ask if you've gone back to get the rest of the fencing, haven't you???? I don't know that I could have left there without ALL of it!

You'll have to learn the age old wife trick of hiding your finds for a while & then bringing them out later & just telling her you've had them for a while. ;-) I'm sure your wife enjoys your hobby though. How could she not? You're so clever with your finds.

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 10:40AM
muddypaws4ever(6)

Kirk - I LOVE that bunny on a swing!

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 1:37PM
susie_gardener_2007(OK 7)

I love iron stuff too. You have some great finds. I especially like the fence.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 1:21AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Kirkus you have excellent taste in junk. Love your and Carols happy little bunny. Nice hanger. Nice fence. Really nice sheep.
I envy your rocks. We just don't have rocks like that here. :) Donna

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™