What would you do with this wood post?

kirkus(5a)August 24, 2010

I found this wood post at a rummage sale. $2! How could I pass it up? LOL It's the end of summer...I start back to teaching in 2 weeks. Wah! :o) Anyway, my creative juices have now sloooowed down. So...what would you do with this wood post if you were to use it in your gardens? I would love any ideas from a creative bunch of garden junkers! Thanks for any ideas! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanagrandma(9 SouthWest, Calif)

I liked your other bird feeder, maybe you can make this one a feeder too. ORRRR a hummingbird feeder with arms to hang the feeders on, I love when my hummungbirds all try and get their sugar water at the same time and they buzz all over me. Maybe you can drill some holes on top to put some of those sparklers in, it would than become a BLING HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER. It is almost 2 am, got to go nite nite
NanaGrandma Sylvia

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 4:49AM
kirkus(5a)

Great ideas, Sylvia! Love the hummingbird feeder idea. The post looks large in the picture but is only 4 feet tall which limits me some for feeders. It's after 4 a.m. here...woke up thinking about this project! LOL Thanks for the ideas! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 7:07AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

A mini bottle tree. It would be very symmetrical and you could use small bottles.

Scroll down to the agave picture to see one in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's bottle tree

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 10:39AM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

I have been looking for a similar post to make a gardening angel to put on a piece of 8-foot rebar on my slope garden. I would add various suitable pieces of iron work for the wings, halo, hair. etc., half-round wood trim for arms. That's what "I" would do.
-Sprout

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 3:35PM
hostarhodo

Drill hole in top to hold a two-sided clock, I have one in my yard, on the shed, saves steps, do not wear a watch.

Then add a coat hook on the side, the days are coming when you will wear a light coat to garden in and once you get going it gets too hot and off comes the coat. Unless it is going to rain you could leave a coat and hat on the hook for the next time you go out in the garden and there is a chill in the air. A second hook could hold small garden tools or a tool pouch.

I'm thinking

Betty

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 8:36PM
kirkus(5a)

What great ideas!!! I knew I could count on my creative garden junk friends to inspire me!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 11:29PM
Marlene Kindred

I have a similar one by my front walk that has a decorative bird on top, then a birdfeeder attached to the side...the saucer type of feeder rather than the tube type. Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will be great!

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:51PM
geeme(5)

Get some heavy duty springs from farm or auto junk sales and dangle blue bottles and tractor junk like brake pads or even tools from the springs to bounce in the breeze

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™