Craftsman blower starter rope

richcarMarch 15, 2010

I have a Craftsman gas blower model 358794731 and after only a year of use, the pull cord rope snapped. Is this something a moderate do-it-yourselfer can replace, or should I leave it to the professionals?

Also, any idea where I can find a manual that would maybe guide me thru the steps? or a schematic? Any advice would be appreciated.

Rich

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roadbike

I'd check with Sears Parts.

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 3:03PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

Well, if you have a reasonable mechanical ability, and can get somebody to show you how, maybe you could do it. Just remember, when you have the starter housing lying in your lap, that left is right and right is left! When you get done fixing it, the rope must be recoiled, not laying outside of the housing! This before you reinstall the starter housing!
First one i did--took an hour. Second one, half that time, but it was off the machine.
If you manage to get it off, then check how it is supposed to turn. find where the knotted end of the rope is. Study it and you will probably be able to figger it out. Otherwise-take it to a shop and pay them to fix it.

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 10:06PM
rustyj14(W/PA)

Did you figure out how to fix it yet?? If not, I'll tell you if you ask. Rustyj.

Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 9:43PM
More Discussions
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
Craftsman Lawn Mower Model#917258860 won't turn left
I just bought a Craftsman Lawn Mower with a 46"...
russph3
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™