Small mower for steep slope

dkdc68March 5, 2013

Hi all. Could use your help. A year ago, I moved to a city house with a front and back yard that would take me 15-20 minutes to mow with a push mower were it level.Easy.

My dilemmas are that (1) I have no garage and virtually no outdoor storage space where a mower can be protected from the elements and theft, though I am about to buy a small, lockable shed where i could store a push mower) and

(2) I have some steep slope to mow. The front of the house is about 40 degrees. the back is pretty easy by comparison, mostly around 15-18. I don't have space to store any sort of riding mower or tractor and my yard isn't big enough to justify one anyway. Last summer I butchered the yard with a good quality weed whacker that I can store inside, but it takes forever, its hard to do an even cut on the slope, and I routinely cut it too short in spots, scalping various spots.

What sort of push mowers would yo recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
farmerdill

Good question. Steep slopes are murder on 4 cycle engines without oil pumps. Once upon a time, those with steep slopes used 2 cycle motors, but they are rare today. Perhaps a rechargeable electric or even electric if your yard is small enough to deal with a power cord.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 5:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MowersGalore

Have you looked at the Husqvarna Auto Mower

Here is a link that might be useful: Automower

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Craftsman Lawn Mower Model#917258860 won't turn left
I just bought a Craftsman Lawn Mower with a 46"...
russph3
B&S OHV 6.5 won't start
If I prime the engine 5/6 times it starts on the second...
mvron
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
Snapper 21 BBC Rehab complete! see pics
Guys, Finally after much effort I finished the Snapper...
quickrick
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™