some purchases

kelly_oh(OH z6)August 30, 2010

So, my boyfriend took me to an amazing place this weekend. I haven't been there in years, but its just as cool as before. If you live in or around Dayton, you have probably heard of Mendelson's. Robert, you would LOVE the place, there are sooooo many potential sculpture parts there.....

Anyway, these are the few things I bought, that I thought would have potential as yard 'bling' :) This stuff and a plastic container to hold my beads were all right at $5. The little discs are faceted plastic, I think they are some type of light cover for a computer or something (they were on the 'computer' floor so I'm going with that), the little ones that I got a bag of for $1 are about .5" diameter, the bigger one are about 1", the silver spirals are computer fan covers, the gold coil is a place card holder (75 cents) that I'm hoping I can stretch out to be a 'twirler' and the plastic tubes were just cool and I knew if I didn't get them, I'd regret it.

I have some thoughts, but would LOVE to hear what you guys see when you look at this stuff.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook(8bFL)

I would have bought all of that and probably more!LOL
Never mind what to make with it, it's all just wonderful.
And you will think of some things to make.
I would cover a Bowling ball with the little faceted pieces!!!

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 10:12AM
garden-potter

Cool project pieces and the price's are great! I'm in the Columbus area but need to find that Mendelson's place! I'm making a bunch of garden-related gifts for an upcoming Craft Show and that place sounds perfect for pieces & parts! Please show us your finished pieces and have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Garden Creations

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 11:30AM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

I think those plastic discs would look pretty on a smooth colored glass plate, pot or like what was mentioned by nonacook, covering a pretty colored/painted BB would be interesting. I wonder, since they're plastic, if they would dull/yellow over time? You could possibly use them as little feet on something. Very interesting stuff!

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 5:28PM
sunnyca_gw

Will be waiting to see what you end up making with the parts you got. Those computer buttons could be flower plate decor too. Jan

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 12:13AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

What curious stuff. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Kathy

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 9:52PM
luna_llena_feliz

I swear my computer is possessed by Satan apparently because I can't see any pictures. :'( *sniffle, sniffle*

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 2:42AM
luna_llena_feliz

Now that I am using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, I can see your pictures! Looks like lots of fun stuff. We have a local store here - American Science & Surplus - that is just as fun and full of great "stuff." Be sure to post pictures of what you eventually do with all that bling!

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 3:23AM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

Kathy/Luna- Where is American Science and Surplus?? I get their catalog, but would love to see their store. (I think I sent for the catalog when I read about it on one of your other posts). Thanks!!
-Sprout

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 10:27PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

I see they have a website and also sell on ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mendelson's

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™