Weedy uneven ground - Help!

enoughalreadyMay 3, 2009

Hello!

I really hope someone can offer some advice.

My garden is very uneven ground, covered with weeds (including bindweed).

I would like to sort it out so that it is a flat area with a lawn.

My neighbor has suggested simply digging out some of the higher lumps, and then putting the soil, weeds, grass and all material into the lower dips to try to make it even, and then go from there.

Does this seem like a good idea or will it cause more problems?

DO you have any ideas how i can possibly go about this?

If i get the ground as flat as possible by this method and then turf over and intensively mow / and use weed and seed formula do you think this could result in an ok looking lawn or will it fail miserably :-(

Please note that over the last two years i have tried digging out the weeds by hand to try to level the ground by each year it has proven to be a far greater amount of work then i can manage - i hope this will not be the only way that a lawn if possible.

It doesnt have to be perfect - just a grassy area will suit me as it will be a major improvement from the current situation!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
auteck

Depending on the size of your lawn, order a few cubic yards of screened top soil, then top dressed your lawn with it. After that, you can spray the entire lawn area with Weed-B-Gon to kill the weeds.

Spreading of the soil can take a day or 2 with some help, but once you do it, your lawn will even again and your grass will thank you for it.

Bookmark   May 3, 2009 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
New bermuda sod just installed
It is 30 degrees here and I was told to water every...
420benz
Is this sod completely dead? Any hope?
Our beautiful sod went from looking like this, after...
knatalie
Termite in my yard
I have termites eating my grass roots and killing the...
kmiec
St Augustine grass problems
Hello all-- I live in Florida on the gulf coast with...
mike153
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™