Lawn Boy 10415

SteveSkalMarch 25, 2011

I bought this non working mower off of Craigslist for $20, took it home and cleaned it all up, drained the gas tank and cleaned it out and put new fuel/oil mixture in, and new spark plug and wouldn't start, after reading that the coils go bad on these things I bought a new coil and installed it and now I have spark but still wouldn't start. I tried pouring some gas directly into the carb and she fired right up but dies right after all that fuel is spent. So for some reason the fuel is not flowing through the system properly, what would cause the gas to not have a continuous flow through the engine?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rdaystrom

The carburetor. Remove it and clean the needle seat assembly, clean all passages. Use a wire, carb spray, compressed air, or other carb cleaning solutions to clean and check the passages.

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 10:04PM
orangedotfever

Yep. It needs a good carb cleaning. Should get it going fine.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 9:33AM
orangedotfever

Buy the way, which year 10415 do you have? The 1993 and 1994 came with the metal Walbro carb and the 1995 model came with the plastic carb.

Bookmark   March 28, 2011 at 11:44AM
katmandu2(SW Ohio)

Anyone know of any "How-To" Videos showing how to Remove/Clean and Replace Lawnboy carbs ?

I seem to always mess up that dang vane govenor thing. :Rolleyes:

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 5:09PM
ewalk

Orange : Good to see you keeping us informed on the Lawn-Boy Saga Cudo's !

Bookmark   April 3, 2011 at 12:08PM
steve_o2foru_com

I also have a lawn boy 10415, just purchased and has same issue, no spark, not sure how to remove the housing around engine.
removed screws and lifted pull rope assy, but didn't see anything else holding the molded top to the lower part of cowling, any suggestions? Pls advise

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 7:42AM
orangedotfever

You've got the 4 screws holding the recoil assembly on and one more horizontal screw in the back facing straight out the back under the fuel tank. It points toward you if you stand like you were pushing it. The rest holding it would just be the fuel line and throttle cable.

Bookmark   April 20, 2011 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
John Deere L110
The mower has been sitting for 3 years, it ran when...
paddlingjohn
Need Craftsman mower grass bag
I have a very old, but really good condition Craftsman...
olddaddy
New Honda HRX Drive System
I see where Honda is presenting a new drive system...
skipmarr
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™