missing pictures

bverste(zone 5)August 22, 2010

I have been doing some searches so that I don't have to ask stupid questions about projects, and I find posts, but the pictures are "moved or no longer available" so where did they go??? I also see mention of an album, but don't know where to find it. thanks for any help. I finally figured out how to clip things, did a bunch last night, but didn't do the second step, so am trying to find them again, and I can't remember what my searches were last night. whaaaaa! Bev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

bev...alot of GJers have "free" photo accounts, like Photobucket or Flicker....so I think there is a set "limit" of pics you can have in these accounts. Also, if you move your pics around from one album to another, then the link is broken to the GJ thread here. Some people delete or move them sooner than others. Sometimes if you ask that GJer, they will put the pic back on. Hope this helps. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 3:11PM
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

I like webshots,they don't seem to disappear like the others
tanya

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 8:35PM
nonacook(8bFL)

I hate it when the photos are 'gone'too!
I like to go back a few page and look and NO PHOTOS....

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 12:28AM
oldcrafty(8)

I too as Bev have been looking in some of the old post only to discover photos no longer exist. What is a webshot? And HELP can anyone give me a quick lesson on what is aa album and what is a clip???

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 12:01PM
jeannespines

Webshot is just another photo sharing program like Photobucker or Flicker. When the pics are no longer there, it is because the GJer who posted has either deleted them or "moved" them into a different album, thereby breaking the link to the GJ original post.

If you look up above, "clipping" (on right with a scissors graphic), it gives you choices to "clip this post," etc. If you do that, you can save your favorite posts (by clipping) & you can see the most popular clipped posts.

Hope this helps. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 2:35PM
luna_llena_feliz

Bev, if you need some pictures to drool over on occassion, go to the Garden Junk Inspiration Albums at the link below. Karen aka purplemoon was nice enough to put them all together in one place for us. I love to go there and browse to get inspiration. You will find the various photo albums on the left side of the screen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Inspiration Albums

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 2:31AM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™