Deer Antler Help

oldcrafty(8)August 15, 2010

Has anyone done or seen any unique ways of recycling deer antlers into something fun for the garden area? I seem to be getting quite a collection and they aren't very attractive piled up in a box!! I have so far cut a few and made some beads and created a lanyard for my grandson and am currently working on making a necklace with some "slices" but I have enough left over to do something for the garden if only I knew what!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkus(5a)

I was thinking of using pieces to make a windchime. The critters such as raccoons love to nibble on them around here so I display them on the porch. :o) I've also seen whole ones displayed around a garden sign. Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 12:38PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

Do you recall seing sun-catchers? They were like wind chimes, but the strands of fishing line had prisms and clear beads, half-round marbles and especially and most beautifully, little one-inch mirror tiles glued back to back, on the fishing line - anything that sparkles and shines. The antlers could be like a large hook to hold several strands of sparkling gems.
-Sprout

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 11:13PM
kudzukween(8 MS)

put a few together and make a chandelier or candle-ier
kudzu

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 7:28AM
pondgal(6a Pa.)

If I were to cut up my dh's deer antlers I think we would be headed for divorce. LOL

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 4:24PM
mosswitch

I saw a garden doorway at a botanical garden that had deer antlers fastened around it. Looked really great!

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™