deere died, won't turn over

Keith16106April 23, 2014

L108 was mowing and it just died and wouldn't turn over again. No click on solenoid. Oil, gas and battery fine. Jump to solenoid and started will sometimes get it to turn over but no start. Other times jumping doesn't work. Tried new ignition and solenoid, neither worked. Where do I look from here, didn't see anything similar on other threads.. Thanks. Keith

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

No click typically means a blown fuse.
Next question- if fuse is blown, why?

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 10:10AM
Keith16106

Thanks, I only saw one 20A plastic 2 prong one by the solenoid and it's looks and tested fine. Is there another I'm missing? Will try to get the schematic today

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 12:19PM
rcmoser

First thing I would check would be ground connections at the frame and on the pos side. Second thing If Briggs might take the valve cover off see if the rockers, push rods are not loose of fell off. remove the spark plugs in you can get it to crank and watch the valves? If all good then I would think wiring Unless you see chafed wire grounding out?

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 10:17AM
tomplum

Clean the battery connections and look real close at the + cable from the battery to the solenoid. They sometimes break through on these. From there it is checking terminals at the barrel connector off that same cable, rear of the ignition switch . On the solenoid 1 small wire should have 12+VDC when the key is turned and the other will be grounded when the PTO and brake switches are in start position.

Bookmark   April 27, 2014 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
New Purchase
Well hard to believe that it took over 25 yrs to breakdown...
ewalk
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™