Noticeable Mulching Difference - Toro Super Recycler versus Recyc

easternupstateApril 8, 2007

For you users of these mowers... is there a noticeable mulching difference between the Toro Super Recycler and the Toro Recycler? If, so how much better?

Wasn't sure of the design of the Super Recycler with the aerodynamic blade design and kickers worked that much better then the Recycler with the notched Atomic blade (which sounds like a Gator blade). Or, if it is just marketing hype.

Again, just trying to look at the mulching ability of these machines. The Super Recycler has some other plus items... a aluminum deck, 5 year morrow warranty. From what I read on this forum... some people have had issues with Toro and/or their Toro dealer on standing behind the warranty.

Looking at the following models in particular.

Toro Super Recycler

- Model 20056

- Model 20057

Toro Recycler

- Model 20047

Thanks in advance for the input.

easternupstate

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kobra_karl

I have read many many articles on how people praise the super recycler over the recycler. I can get you the 20043 that are sold out all over. Do some research on this model epinions.com 5 year guaranteed to start 6hp briggs motor. Eastern up state in Ny you mean. The model is suppose to cut grass like golf course greens. Let me know what you think. Thanks Karl

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 11:00AM
easternupstate

kobra_karl

Yes, Northeastern Upstate NY... Saratoga Springs area.

The 20043 model must be an older model? It isn't listed on the Toro website under their current models.

How does the 20043 compare to the models on Toro's website?

Website - http://toro.com/home/mowers/index.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Toro Homeowner Mowers

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 11:29AM
kobra_karl

If you didnt find anything on it. There are lots of reviews on it. Go to ask.com type toro 20043. It's a very good rated mower. I know lots of people use this model and are still looking to get one. I have one left new never used. Comes with bagger everything. Personal pace system. It's a 2001 model. I live in western NY.

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 12:05PM
tomplum

Super Recyclers are special. They are unique because they create an excellant mulching environment. The kickers that deflect the clippings back down into the blade is a key part of it. It's really cool to see the water tank test film. If you have a thick, lush lawn- this is the one to buy. The S/Rs are better made to which is visably obvious. If you have a thin lawn , you won't notice a differance in QOC.

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 12:08AM
canguy(British Columbia)

I was really impressed after trying a s/r on a lush lawn. I could see where I had cut but no clippings were visible.

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 12:25AM
cubsfankc(Z5KC)

I second what Tomplum said and will also add that the SR has grease zerks on the rear wheels. My father owns the Recycler and I own the SR4. He uses the mower on a few lawns a week and has had trouble with the drive system drying up. If you are only using this for your lawn then I wouldn't figure this would be a problem...at least not for a few years. With the SR it should never be a problem as long as you grease the wheels once a season.

I went through this same debate last year and am very happy I went with the SR4.

Good luck with your decision :-)
Josh

Bookmark   April 9, 2007 at 1:28AM
More Discussions
Lawn-boy F Series - Connecting Rod play ?
I have my Lawn-boy apart to replace upper and lower...
bhap
21" self-propelled, which has most reliable drive system?
Hi there, I'm looking to replace my Ariens Classic...
kwk1
Lawn Boy 7263 parts to a good home
I have a vintage LB 7263, D 600 engine, Magnesium deck...
bill7263
Craftsman 6.6 Eager 1 917.377321 won't stary running
The only way I can keep this mower running is to take...
fresno99
Honda Mower Problem-Backfire thru Carb?
I have a Honda walk behind that has been awsome until...
jteekell
Sponsored Products
Desk Lamps: 23.25 in. Polished Steel Desk Lamp with Frost Glass Shade CLI-LS4476
Home Depot
Super Bear Personalized Girl's Treat Jar
$17.99 | zulily
Universal Black Adjustable Height Landscape Post Base
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Laminate Samples: Pergo Flooring XP Hawaiian Curly Koa Laminate Flooring - 5
$10.00 | Home Depot
Sanders Leather Bar Stool - Brighton Aubergine Purple
Joybird Furniture
Quoizel Chantal Tiffany-Style Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Glaro Modern Recycled Metal Tall Round Planter - P922BE