Toro or Honda...again.
I know this comes on here every once in awhile. I am debating between the Honda HRX217HXA and the Toro 20092. My local Power Center has the Honda on sale for $649 and the Toro is $500. I know you guys know the differences between these two, so I'll skip that stuff. I mow one half acre, always mulch, and it's all pretty flat. I do not have a lot of straightaways.
I know these mowers pretty well, but have no idea how each of them handles. Here are my thoughts/questions:
1) The Honda is heavier but does that really matter with the drive system? (from a maneuverability standpoint)
2) Some on here have complained about the longer handle on the Honda. Thoughts...experience with that?
3) People have preferences for Personal Pace or Hydrostatic. For me, the hydrostatic seems like it would be easier to control when turning, because you can let the ... is it the clutch? out a bit to slow it down. Of course, I guess the same would happen with the personal pace when you slow your walk.
4) Overall , both have five year warranties. The Toro seems like a great value and the Honda has some features that I would probably use (BBC) but they also add weight.
5) Need a tank big enough to finish the yard without refilling.
6) Quality of cut is most important and from what I've read this seems a horse a piece.
Thanks for any of your comments.