Fisherboy in the Jungle!!!

jeannespinesAugust 20, 2010

Back in early May, I posted this pic of my "fisherboy" who sits at my pond & is quite old...we bought him at my DH's parents estate sale some yrs ago:

That wire bucket beside him was a TS find...has Japanese Bloodgrass growing in it.

Well, today (August), I took a pic to share ...here he is still fishing but he's in the "jungle" with Elephant Ears now!

Another view:

Here's a close-up:

What a difference a few hot & humid mos. make, uh! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pondgal(6a Pa.)

How Cute! I had one for many years, but he finally fell apart. Hmmm...... I need to look for a new one. I have a nice little water plant box he sits by.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 4:07PM
Marlene Kindred

You're right....what a difference a few months make! He looks quite at home there amongst the elephant ears!

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 9:46PM
sunnyca_gw

Everything sure filled in nicely. He looks like he likes it there. My yard is barely alive with all the happenings this last 3 months, no time to garden. We got my dad 4 finches & he can see them out the kitchen window on the counter on the patio. He is thrilled & gives him something to do. He used to have several birdhouses in the yard so this is good substitute.Jan

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 1:54AM
luna_llena_feliz

He's a smart little guy for finding himself a spot in the shade! Love the little lantern and turtle you have by him too.

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 2:43AM
nonacook(8bFL)

My Mother had one....My brother got it.
I'll bet it got washed out into the bay
during Hurricane Ivan.
I haven't seen it lately...

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 9:05AM
indylisa

I like spring and summer photos of the garden and your little guy seems to enjoy the elephant ears. I have a jungle of them this year along with banana trees with bananas...pretty cool for Indiana.

Lisa

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 9:15AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

WOW! Looks great! Worth the wait! I too, have planted some E ears, and they are Finally growing! I made a bog garden and have them and a brug in it and they are just starting to do something....Your fisherman is reminding me to get my Gnome Garden started...heh heh!

Bookmark   August 21, 2010 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™