Old bird cage and a teal bowling ball

tasymoAugust 30, 2010

I had some awesome luck junking this week! Check out this old bird cage! I'm not sure how I'll use it yet. The BB will definitely go in my garden. The color is so pretty, it will probably remain nekkid. You can see more goodies on my blog!

Image link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Tasymo's blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Holy smokes!! I'd say you were lucky!! I love the colors of the birdcage & the BB! The birdcage would be pretty sitting on a small table with a couple of those glass bluebirds or the white love doves from Home INterior & maybe a small plant inside.

I'd leave the BB alone too, my dad found one for me in dark emerald green with sparkles in it. I'm leaving it alone too. I'm dying to see what you do with the table & graters.

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 5:02PM
kirkus(5a)

GREAT finds! Are you sure you didn't sneak that bowling ball from me? ;O) I love the color of it too! Like minds think alike! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 11:26PM
sunnyca_gw

Love the cage, you can make a bottom of 1/2 x 1 in long mesh wire screen?(like chicken wire but heavier & different shaped) can make rabbit cages out of it. The teal is such a pretty color & look at all the things you have the same color, can make a whole area of garden sparkle in teal!! Love the sled, reminds me of when I was a kid & got 1 lot like that for xmas, no money that year so dad got a couple of rejects from the dump & fixed up 1 nice sled for me. I really liked mine & was so happy but then saw neighbor kids brand new ones & was a little jealous until they challenged me to a race down a hill & I won by a lot, then they wanted to use mine, I said No thanks, I liked mine & of course had to run & tell dad when he got home that I had the fastest sled. It actually steered better too. Guess the others were too new! Jan

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 12:08AM
tasymo

Kirkus, if I had been in your neighborhood, I'd have swiped more than just your teal BB! You've got some great stuff!! Jan, your sled was a labor of love from your Daddy. Of course it was faster than the other kids sleds! I like the idea of putting the bird cage on it's own little table, with a plant and birds inside. Great, now I have to start looking for just the right sized table...

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 12:30AM
Marlene Kindred

WOW! Love the BB color and the birdcage! Great finds....woohoo for you!!

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 9:05AM
sorie6(6b ok.)

I love the colors of them too. Great find. Can't wait to see what you do with the bird cage.

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Aisha Old Gold 6 ft. x 9
Home Depot
Orange Dot Bowl - Set of Six
$18.99 | zulily
Kenroy Home Canterbury Lighted Wall Fountain
Lamps Plus
Van Teal Assembly Inkwell Modern Floor Lamp
Euro Style Lighting
Elk Lighting 14.75H in. Le Jardin Bowl - 93-0724
$158.00 | Hayneedle