I have info on the red bottles

toomuchglass(5)August 21, 2012

I went to the Purple Foot today and talked with the owner . He said they're only available as wholesale , for businesses. He did give me the website for his distributer ...so Nona - maybe you can get your wine guy to order some for you !

On the website , there's a button for "find retailer" by you . Type in your zip code and maybe there'll be a retail outlet close to you . If there is , you can have them order them for you . I wish it was easier ..... but this is the best info I could get ! Look at their online catalog and you'll see the red bottles.

Here is a link that might be useful: L.D.Carlson Distributers , Ohio

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook(8bFL)

Thanks! I went to the site and now my local wine
place is on their list. Have to to go Toyota
this morning for maint.
will call this afternoon to see if he indeed has them.

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 9:35AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Didn't get a chance to call that afternoon--storm Isaac
was coming. Cleanup time! Had to move some tin, take down
all the birdcages in the trees, and the tire swing-PLUS!
During the time the Eastern quadrant storm bands were hitting us, they were not open.
And now today is labor day! Life gets in the way sometimes...

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 9:52AM
amigirl(Fl 9)

But aren't they still flashed and not all red? How will they hold up in the sun?

Sue

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 6:35PM
nonacook(8bFL)

for me anyway! The case of 12 bottles would cost $22 for shipping and handling, plus $38.50 a case. Can you believe it!!! I told the lady I talked to that you were paying $1.40 per bottle, and she said maybe you should buy them for me and the shipping would be cheaper. Her idea, not mine. It turned out that my brother-in-law (he gives us wine for Christmas) buys his wine bottles from her, and she buys all her printed cards and stuff from my cousin. She has seen my messy garden, because the print shop used to be next door to me, but not any more, so she has not seen the blue bottle tree.
When I am in Indiana for 6 weeks I will check there to see if there is a local wine supplier.
Thanks anyway, Toomuchglass for the info.

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 1:55PM
toomuchglass(5)

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder why they were so cheap at my wine store. While I was there , I asked if people could order them directly from him. He said " They can ,but I'm taking my cut". The tone of his voice told me he really didn;t want to. He has a corner with used empty bottles,some different colors - they're 35 cents each. Easy to make a bottle tree ~ LOL
I wish I could have been more help . :(
Good luck !

PS - amigirl, yes, they are sprayed red, It's a very good coat , I can't even scratch it off. I haven't had them out in the sun long enough to see if they fade ! So far .....so good .

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 2:53PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™