snapper rider cuts off

Muck63April 15, 2012

Old 90s riding snapper cut off when it twisted it started back up after it sat for awhile. now a couple of days later it starts up and cuts right off.Fresh gas, new plug, new air filter,oil changed, new blade, new drive yoke, new battery,new belt, even new tires. It was running great till it cut off.Almost like like a switch opens and shuts it off.It has 2 senors that I have found one on the shifter and one on the blade engager.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Muck63

new air filter also

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 3:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
walt2002

It is possibly the Ignition Interlock, a safety device usually under the cover by the shifter lever. You don't say what engine, always helpful. The engine probably has a terminal where a bunch of wires junction, likely on the side of the throttle box, where the throttle cable attaches to the engine. Disconnecting all wires from this will help to tell where the problem is. Keep in mind that you now have no way to turn the engine off without shutting off gas, pulling plug wire or something that way.

"Old 90s riding snapper cut off when it twisted"

Explaining what you mean here might help. IF you went over some irregular ground causing the frame tube to twist, may well be a short in the "Kill Wire" coming from the switch IF the switch is on the steering post. It may be shorting against the clutch cable which runs thru there also.

Walt Conner

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 10:26PM
More Discussions
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
bobbarker14
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
Briggs and Stratton spark plug confusion
I've got a B & S opposed twin 422707 on a Craftsman...
yt125
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™