Yard Crawl goodies

Marlene KindredAugust 20, 2011

Last weekend DH and I went to a 50 mile long yard sale that is held every year in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. We had a blast and brought home a few treasures too.

I found this handmade spool bed which we realized later was a cradle missing it's rockers for TWO DOLLARS!! I nearly fainted when I asked the lady if the price tag was correct and she said yes! LOVE IT!

We found some old metal wheels as well.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rafor

WOW!!! All I can say is wow!!

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 5:30PM
luna_llena_feliz

Sounds like you had an awesome time! You sure found some wonderful stuff. Love the old lantern and spool crib. That big nut with the squirrel on it looks familiar. My aunt used to have one just like it. The red stained glass candle holder thing is cool too.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 8:02PM
kylslil1(8b)

i wish i could go to huge yard sales like that! that would be so much fun...course i would need someone to go with me....I've got to get a garden junk buddy. :)

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 9:06PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

What marvelous stuff. I used to have the pine cone canisters! Mine got rusty finally when I stored them in a move.
Looks like you had a blast.
Kathy

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 10:19PM
Purplemoon

You have me DROOLING like a baby, I hope my keyboard survives! For starters, just the fun of GOING to something like that sounds fantastic. Then your goodie haul...so MUCH neat stuff! Right off, that big blue seashell vase caught my idea. (Holiday decor, LOL, for summer decorating of course.) The neat candle holder with the three red glass pieces. Those old wheels. WOW. The
crib was a really neat find!
You rock, Girl.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 11:46PM
nonacook(8bFL)

The crib was a great buy!
I love the 3 oil cans....What is the silver piece
next to the rusty lantern? Interesting looking piece.
Lots of other goodies too!

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 6:27AM
marylee_2010

Marlene...You got some wonderful things. I love it all. Do you have plans for your metal wheels yet? I can't wait to see how you use these treasures.

Marylee

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 10:36AM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Wow what a haul of great junk. It that a iron ladel I see next to the lantern? Looks like the one my grandfather had for scooping molten lead into forms for weights for his decoys. Those iron wheels are to die for. So hard to find. Also love all the birds and littel girls. Great topper for totems. The little guy holding the big fish.......lol.....my dad! Looks like you and DH have lots of goodies to work with.............Great fun!

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 11:09AM
jeannespines

WOW! Marlene...you & DH got a load of stuff! Great finds! That old lantern is wonderful & looks like some good metal things on that table! ...& lots of pretties for your totems & plates! But I LOVE the crib & the iron wheels! You really scored BIG TIME! Congrats! & what fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 6:42PM
Marlene Kindred

Thanks everyone...we did have a great time! Nona...I have no idea what the feathery looking pieces were. There are four feathers and I paid $1 for all four. Chelcass..there are two iron ladels and I think DH plans to use one for a spider head. He's been looking for the right piece. And Marylee, I'm thinking that the wheels will go up on our new privacy fence when we get it built.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 9:17PM
FlowerGardener(Z4 MN)

Wow you sure made a haul. The red candle holders with stand is very nice. I would put solar lights in the holders and put it on a patio or deck table.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 9:42PM
amigirl(Fl 9)

I'm so envious and would like to go next year. Where exactly was the event?

Sue

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 11:34AM
nonacook(8bFL)

No matter what the silver pieces are--I love the look!!
I have my Dad's iron ladles....
I picked up a white spool cradle 'curb shopping' one day.
I love those. It is full of other curb shopped items, because I can't make up my mind what to do with it.

Bookmark   August 22, 2011 at 9:31PM
toomuchglass(5)

That's a few things ??????????? Holy cow .... !!!

Marlene , you're a couple months away from being featured on "Hoarders" !! LOLOLLL
I'd love to dig into your stash :)

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 4:30PM
Purplemoon

Too...ROFLMBO

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 5:07PM
Marlene Kindred

OMGosh...do you know whenever I watch that show I have to immediately go CLEAN something! Amazingly, I "absorbed" everything into my stash. My DD did lose a few things in the earthquake we had today though.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:21PM
Purplemoon

Gosh, Marlene, I didn't realize the quake was affecting you.
Hope not much loss for DD.

Funny thing about Hoarders show, I think it makes all of us want to go clean or organize something. LOL. I'm such a Stuff Queen, but I like how that show makes me look like a "minimalist". LOL.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 12:20AM
zzackey(8b GA)

Wow and LOL! You got some great stuff. I never thought of myself as a hoarder, just a collector. Sold most of the stuff or gave it away to go fulltime RV. That lasted 6 months. Have our single wide stuffed now. Wish I could have a yard sale. We live in the middle of nothing now. Too far away for many people to come too. There's another yard sale that is a few states wide. I always wanted to go to that one.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 7:26PM
sunnyca_gw

I love the wagon wheels! The oil cans are neat(I have a few) Lovely plates & so many other things! I would have been in antique heaven!! Looks like lots of projects heading your way!! Jan

Bookmark   August 25, 2011 at 1:33AM
More Discussions
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™