My Yard Crawl Finds (Pic Heavy!)

Marlene KindredAugust 14, 2010

My DH, DD and I just got back from our first ever Virginia Yard Crawl...it was 50 miles of yardsales along a highway in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We had a great time and found some bargains too! If you have one of these near you, you have to find a time to go at least once....it's quite the adventure!

Oh, and for all of you guys out there, my DH found a snow blower, antique planes, tools and clamps too!

My DH was happy that they had more than GJ stuff...he loves movies too!

Got four of these tole painted trays for $2.00.

Found this Hobby horse for $10 and my DD was thrilled to get this 30" wall medallion!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sorie6(6b ok.)

Wow you did make a haul!! Love the bunny, teal colored decanter, frog, mirror, horse heck I love it all. TFS.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 5:33PM
tasymo

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You really found some awesome stuff! I'm with Sorie6, I could start listing the goodies I like, but I don't see anything I DON'T like!!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 5:37PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Wow! That is quite a haul. Lots of fun and pretty things.

I was loving it all, the glass parrot, the rooster, the butterfly, and then I saw the horse for $10. That is a great find.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 6:47PM
imjustsam(6)

My vote is with your hubby, I love that wall medallion. What a fun thing to do and I love the Blue Ridge Mts., wish I had been there too.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 7:46PM
doodys(9)

Good haul u made...thumbs up!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:47PM
nonacook(8bFL)

Great finds--Love the matching lamps! And everything else!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 9:06PM
mmebrady

whoops!! had to wipe the DROOL off my computer screen!! Great haul!! I would have to rent a trailer to do one of those!!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 9:14PM
caroline94535

I will trade you my first-born child for those two lamps!

(I don't have children and I'm in menopause, but I could try to produce a "first born! LOL)

I have lust in my heart. Can you show a photo of just the lamps? Just imagine how lovely they would look in North Dakota, especially when the deep snow banks are throwing clear white light everywhere.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 11:24PM
jeannespines

Oh, what fun for you all! That would be quite a day...bargains, bargains! I'm really liking the iron pcs you found.,.the butterfly by the nautical boy & girl & that iron thingy with 6 cup shapes around it. And I see some butterflies that will be great in your gardens! Your steal of the day is the hobby horse! Wow! Bet you will do great things with that, Marlene...is there a spot near your beautiful potting shed for it? Have fun! TFS your day! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 11:43PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

Major drool alert!! I LOVE everything - especially the boy and girl sailors, the wild canary statue, the pea pods, the horse, the chicken, the little frog, the big clock, the iron butterfly lantern ... oh heck, just pack it all up and send it to me. I'm not greedy, though. The others can fight over the pair of lamps.
-Sprout

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 2:31AM
misfit

OK I'm new here, but I gotta chime in too. Looks like you made a haul! So many cool things. I must say my favorite has to be the little pea pod people, love love love them!!!
I wish I had known about this sale. Just being able to drive the Blue Ridge mountains would be a win win situation.
I am ashambed to say I live 3 miles from highway 127 & I didn't hit the first garage sale last weekend.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 9:17AM
laurastheme(8)

WOW!!!! I especially love the butterfly and the horse. I wish my husband was into junkin'. He just doesn't get it.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 4:19PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Incredible finds! I'm with Caroline on the lamps! Snow does make beautiful light doesn' it?
Kathy

Bookmark   August 16, 2010 at 9:20AM
cait1

First let me say I LOVE your wallpaper!!! Can you believe my covetous eyes were drawn to that even moreso than those gorgeous lamps???

As for everything else... well, you know I must hate you now. Sorry, you left me no choice. Gorgeous wallpaper, perfect finds... if you expect anything less from me aside from hate and jealousy then you've truly forgotten who I am!! LOL!!! The 'çhook' (chicken) and squirrel stole my heart. So can you please send them to Oz so I can have it back? LOL

Congrats!!!

Bookmark   August 16, 2010 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Sponsored Products
Patio Living Concepts Lamps Catalina 34 in. Outdoor White Table Lamp with
Home Depot
Best Quality Lighting Path & Landscape Lights LV76S-AB Landscape Lighting Spot
$71.76 | Home Depot
Classroom Slope Chair in Pink
| Dot & Bo
'Miraculously My Own' Tabletop Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$12.99 | zulily
Oxford Chesapeake Rug 7'9" x 10'10" - GREEN/YELLOW
$899.00 | Horchow