Look at this Patina !

toomuchglass(5)August 2, 2011

I've been so housebound because of the heat & humidity ... I had a few extra bucks that was burning a hole in my pocket -so I braved the heat & went to the GW -- ;)

I found this solid brass deer with this Gorgeous Green patina . There's 2 candle holders on his antlers that just screw off , so they're coming off. The color just struck me . He's about 8" tall & I have no idea what to do with him - but I love him !!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geeme(5)

ooooo I love him too !! do you have a fairy or gnome garden??maybe on top of a totem with brass dishes?? He is so majestic.. geeme

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 6:38PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

He's a beauty for sure. I agree, the candle holders just detract. I like th eidea of a gnome with him. But how to find the right gnome?
Kathy

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 11:52PM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful wind chime with the 2 candle holders turned upside down handing on chain or wire they will look like bells. Would be lovely hanging in a tree or attached to post with arm might have to drill into his back to get a place to attach chain. Or mount him on a post or piece of iron up about 6 ft off ground. Could you find an old shelf bracket of wrought iron to mount him on top of? He looks like"protector of your yard" very stately! Great buy! Jan

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 12:50AM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Wow! Love him...............I see him with a antique/rustic sleigh filled with garden junk finds.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 11:13AM
marylee_2010

toomuchglass...He is lovely. I love him too.

Marylee

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 11:32AM
Marlene Kindred

I can see him on your mantel for Christmas or a dining room table display or a front door wreath! Great score!

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™