Craftsman 6.5 Horsepower

pectiwitaApril 14, 2010

The problem that I am having actually started last summer when I was moving the lawn more I tilted the lawn mower forward on it's front wheels. And then I tried the start the lawn mower and it would not start. So I put the lawn mower back in the shed on the next day when I tried to start up the lawn mower it started up and ran for about a minute and it started smoking light blue smoke. And it then shut off. Could not restart it. I checked the gas and it was fine. I checked the oil and it smelled like gas was in with the oil. So I drained the oil & gas, changed the spark plug and filter. Tried to start it and got the same results. So I just put it away for the rest of the summer. So I went out and tried it again on Monday and it did the same thing. I have tried everything that I could toget it so that I could start cutting my grass. It has fresh oil, gas, and filter, spark plug but nothing. So can you please help me fix my lawn mower so that I can cut my grass?

The model# 917.388952

21" cut

if you need more information please let me know. In need of help badly.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

You probably got oil in the muffler. Run it for 5 minutes and it should clear up. A mower should always be stored with all 4 wheels on the ground. If you tip it on its side, always have the carburetor upward and don't do it for long periods.

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 9:02PM
More Discussions
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
Best way to balance a mower blade
I wanted to know how people balance their mower blades....
milo2000
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™