Look who came visiting...

rager_wMay 26, 2012

...when I was pulling ivy. The news has reported many bites this spring. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff260/wrager46/copperhead.jpg

Is it true that I should pee in the ivy to keep them away?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tiemco

You need a pet honey badger, he will take care of it for you, because honey badger don't give a s$*t.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 6:05PM
texas-weed(7A)

Do like I did a couple of years ago. Stick your hand in there and let him bite you. Just make sure you got a snake eating German Shepperd next to you to rip him apart.

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 8:35PM
rager_w

Did you really get bit by one TW? The info I read says that most often with a human, it is a "dry" bite. Not thath I want to experience that!

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 12:21PM
texas-weed(7A)

Yes i did get bit by a Copper Head about two years ago working on some landscape lighting with my dog Adolf.

Never heard of a dry pit viper bite, and doubt that a snake has that ability, at least not pit vipers. Certainly did not work that way for me or Adolf.

Adolf got the worse of it taking a bite on his muzzle which caused a lot of swelling and blocking his airway.

Anyway we are just fine. Cannot say the same for the snake. Last time I remember seeing that snake he was going in two different directions at the same time when Adolf bit him in half and slung the two pieces all over the yard.

Funny part it was the second time I have been bitten by poisonous snake. First time I was 14 or 15 walking down a creek bank and stepped on it, an Cotton Mouth. That one put me in the hospital a couple of days. Thought I was going to loose my leg at the time.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
Revitalizing and leveling sad lawn
I have a lawn in Northern California that is pretty...
jhalt
spreader settings not on fertilizer bags?
I recently had a soil test(s) on my yard and had a...
hc803
Shady lawn in winter - what seed is best?
Hi, I have a small garden in London, England. Because...
Blighty
Synthetic rattan or Natural rattan furniture?
Guys, I would like to know your opinion. Which do you...
kevin497
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™