Murray riding mower will not crank or move when pushed

jmorrell588April 19, 2009

Hello folks... I have a 2001 murray 12.5 hp with a 40 inch deck... It will not crank... I replaced the battery and still will not crank... also I cannot move the riding mower with the lever in neutral... (It worked fine yesterday... parked it under the deck to finish the cutting today)

I can move the gear lever from any gear and back to neutral and still cannot move it (Push it)... so it under the deck waiting for some sound advice from you folks on how I can get it to move so I can get it in the garage to work on... or what might be causing it to not start and move... Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response...

Sincerely Jmorrell588

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
walt2002

I would check the belts under the engine to be sure one of them hasn't gotten caught between pulley and belt guard or something stuck in it causing both your problems. Have you tried turning the engine by hand? Placing the palm of your hand on the flywheel screen, press down hard and see it the flywheel will move clockwise or either direction?

Walt Conner

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 1:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jmorrell588

Walt... thank you for your response... no I have not tried to turn the flywheel and never thought about that... I will look into that and the belts when I get home from work... thank you for your advice...

Sincerely Jmorrell588

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 2:01PM
More Discussions
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
bobbarker14
New Honda HRX Drive System
I see where Honda is presenting a new drive system...
skipmarr
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™