cordless string trimmer recommendations anyone?

maclaynsauntApril 23, 2011

I'm looking to buy a cordless string trimmer. Looking at ryobi and Black and Decker. Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wmas1960

Yesterday I bought a blower and trimmer at Home Depot. They were part of the Single Source 18v system. I chose the trimmer because it uses the same battery that the blower does and came with 2 batteries. Now I have 3 batteries that can be used on either tool. There is also a chainsaw available that could be handy for light jobs.

I have yet to really use the tools. The blower does seem to have some good power and is very small and light weight. The trimmer is adjustable in length and can also be used as an edger. They both seem solid and well built. I will post more when I get a chance to try out the trimmer and see the endurance of it's batteries. My yard is less than 1/4 acre and should not be too demanding.

I almost bought the Toro 2 stroke system with changeable attachments. But considering the cost and potential practicality of the 18v batteries. I thought it might be overkill and thought I would Try the B&D.

Here is a link that might be useful: Black &Decker Single Source 18v

Bookmark   April 23, 2011 at 9:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

I agree that B&D appears to be about the best Cordless on the Market with plenty of Sourcing and Dealer Warranty sites Nationwide . If you decide at a later date you can always use the cordless at camp . Should you go Gas , Echo , Robin and Stihl are my recommendation long term .

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Reel Mower for Bermuda Lawn?
I was looking at the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower...
void.pointer
Briggs and Stratton spark plug confusion
I've got a B & S opposed twin 422707 on a Craftsman...
yt125
B&S OHV 6.5 won't start
If I prime the engine 5/6 times it starts on the second...
mvron
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™