Weed Identification Help

mikealltogetherMay 30, 2014

Hello all!

Can anyone help in identifying the weed pictured below?

My wife and I recently bought our house and the yard was obviously severely neglected for years, so I've begun quite the rehabilitation project at the beginning of spring. I'm thoroughly familiar with the Bermuda Bible and know what steps need to be taken over time, but my Google-fu failed while trying to figure out what this is. Tried a few weed ID tools and failed. I'm sure it's quite common and that I'm just overlooking it.

The yard was a good 80% weeds at the start of green up, and I've started on the road of getting the turf healthy, but I needed some herbicide help on the weeds at first. Since I have more time than money, I did a full lawn spray of Weed B Gone a couple of weeks ago since Celsius is out of my wife-okay-with-it range (even with the $/SF argument). It took care of clover great, and dandelions fairly well, but this damn thing didn't budge, and it is quite prolific in the back yard. Any help would be appreciated!

Michael

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dchall_san_antonio(8 San Antonio)

You might need to take that to a local nursery and ask.

You're going to have trouble with bermuda adjacent to the north, west, and east sides of your fences and buildings. Bermuda is a full sun plant. You might want to consider alternate ground covers or installing beds in those areas.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joneboy(7)

I'm going to go with Veronica aka corn speedwell. Winter annual should die on its own soon. It's particularly hard to kill in the spring with a herbicide. A dense stand of turf going into fall will greatly reduce this weed, next spring.

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
Lawn drainage on the cheap?
My husband and I bought a house in November, and have...
galiana
Artificial Turf and Gophers
Hello everyone - newbie in gardening here. If I am...
sallophane
New bermuda sod just installed
It is 30 degrees here and I was told to water every...
420benz
hydroseeding this spring or wait til fall?
hello - my lawn took a major hit last year even after...
duk748
Synthetic rattan or Natural rattan furniture?
Guys, I would like to know your opinion. Which do you...
kevin497
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™