A Pig From a Garden Junk Friend!

kirkus(5a)August 1, 2011

Hi Everyone! You might remember when I posted about my cast iron collection of critters on my potting bench. (See the link below.) A wonderful Garden Junk friend, kylslil 1 (Erin), sent me this BEAUTIFUL cast iron flying pig recently!!!! The perfect gift! Mr. Pig now sits on my potting bench with my other cast iron pigs and various iron animals! Thank you, Erin! I just love the encouragement and thoughtfulness of the Garden Junk family!!! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

I'm also attaching a photo of a recent pottery pig I found at our favorite thrift store for $3. He looks kind of angry but I'll forgive him. LOL This pig sits on the same shelf as Mr. Pig from Erin. :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post about Pigs and Such :o)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Marlene Kindred

Very cool pig! What a nice thing for Erin to do!

Bookmark   August 1, 2011 at 8:49PM
sorie6(6b ok.)

Lucky you to have such a nice friend. Very cute pig!!!

Bookmark   August 1, 2011 at 9:03PM
jeannespines

Great GJ friend! That flying pig looks right at home on your potting bench! & grumpy pig is a nice bargain $$$, too! TFS, kirk! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 1, 2011 at 10:27PM
soxxxx

I like all pigs, live ones and garden junk ones.

Maybe that is because I was born in the Chinese Year of the Boar.

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 12:31AM
kylslil1(8b)

Yay!! Mr. Pig has a new home! (You can rename him, mr. Pig is just his Florida name) I really like grumpy pig. you find the coolest stuff at that thrift store of yours. I need a really good thrift store like that.
erin

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 1:14AM
sunnyca_gw

Grumpy pig just doesn't realize he has a strong pig to look after him! The iron pig is really a neat gift!! Jan

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 1:51AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

What a beauty!
Kathy

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 11:07AM
marylee_2010

Mr. Pig is a great addition to your collection.

Marylee

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 2:41PM
lizzardly

What a nice thing to do. I don't think the second pig looks mad. I think he just found out where bacon comes from. :)

Bookmark   August 2, 2011 at 10:20PM
jeannespines

Oh, Kirk, your 'piggies' made me want to do something with my only pig ... "Miss Piggy(bank)" ... so I put her on my patio table tonight while grilling hamb. in the heat!!! DH & I just spray-painted our old, old patio table/chairs...so I wanted a pic:

Here she is ...up close ready to chow on some good ol' Iowa corn & grape tomatoes...hot enough for the sun to grill 'em! LOL!

So 'Miss Piggy(bank)' was an outside piggy for awhile! Meanwhile, Mr. & Mrs. ate supper inside with cooling AC! Thanks for the inspiration! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 12:49AM
sunnyca_gw

Wow, Jeanne, that is 1 sexy pig, look at that lavender eyeshadow, she's looking for her mate!! Corn & tomatoes look yummy! I poked my nail against kernel of corn at store & it didn't squirt out at all so I didn't get any. It's more like what we called "field corn" that some farmers gave to livestock. We do get good sweetcorn few times a year. I have that kind of table too & high back chairs that you can rock in a little if you want to, so easy to repaint love them! Jan

Bookmark   August 3, 2011 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™