I found an old broken chair and turned the pieces into these dragonflies for our garden.
that's really cute!
Since there is no perspective in the photo - how big? It's adorable.
Cute and pretty, too. I especially like its' nose. TYFS Jlily
this one is about a foot long, it`s one of the legs of the chair. I used an old window blind for the wings.
Very nice! And at a foot long rather dramatic which I like.
I made wire wings for some, cut wings from window screens for a couple of others. They range from about 6" to just over a foot, with the ones made from legs being the biggest.
Drilled 2 small holes in the "head" for the antenna, 6 holes in the "abdomen" for the legs, and then drilled another small hole in the back to attach the wings. I used hot glue for the legs and antenna, the wings were nailed in place or in the case of the wire wings wired on.
Those are just too darn cute!!!!!
Very cute!! TFS Jan
Love those! Great re-use of chair legs!
finally got the link for the slideshow to work!
Here is a link that might be useful: Dragonflies in the garden
Oh no - another project I want to try!!
OH wow!!those are really neat. You are very creative!! Another thing to add to the todo list!! tfs.
Also adding to my to do list. I wonder if I really need sleep.