New Honda HRR mower loosing underdeck paint in 3 mows...

robster(georgia)April 16, 2014

Just got this about 1 month ago. I have tall thick Fescue grass that I have to mow about every 4 days right now. After 3 mows there is a strip of paint about 1 inch wide and around the front and side under the deck that the paint is gone and its got surface rust there already. the grass now clumps there and it does not mow as well. Anyone seen this before? Took several years of hard mowing to do that on my Toro. Also this thing sure rattles a lot after about 30 minutes use. It bags great, mulching is fair, rear discharge not good since the dont include a rear discharger thingy anymore...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeff8407

This is completely normal. It is a function of wear. It is from the grass clippings hitting the side of the mower after they have been cut. I am not a help with the clippings issue.

One thing you can do is increase the RPM on the mower for better clipping removal--they are RPM limited(3000RPM) for consumer safety. The engine will actually spin to 6500 RPM. If you shorten the spring(the one nearest the deck) by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch you can increase your RPM.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
B&S OHV 6.5 won't start
If I prime the engine 5/6 times it starts on the second...
mvron
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™