Anyone here have an oddball push mower?

sfhill(c PA)April 19, 2009

This is my favorite and it was built in 1969. It has 3 blades and makes a 30" cut. It has an alloy deck, steel ball bearing wheels and a 3 1/2HP engine. Although the company made self propelled models, this is a push model. I also have an extra mower just like this one for back up. Since it is very light, it pushes very easy. The discharge spout plugs easy if mowing extremely heavy or wet grass. Despite it's few drawbacks, I wouldn't trade it for any other mower.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1saxman

Man, that is about the most oddball mower I've seen. Congratulations!

Bookmark   April 19, 2009 at 10:41PM
roadbike

I haven't seen a setup like that before. That would be quite a sight with bags on both chutes!

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 12:29PM
bogman

That is one interesting mower. To find any mower that have more than 21 or 22 inch cut without going to a rider has always been a problem. It also has some history behind it. It, according to this link says it was the original rotary mower.
http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/Gas-Engines/GOODALL.aspx?page=3.

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 3:32PM
okgardennut

Funkiest thing I've ever seen, and I love it! I was born in '69 which makes me love it even more. Really cool.

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 9:44PM
milo2000

very cool mower that is 2 years older than. must be quite well built not like the junk most make today. you have to spend big bucks to get good quality new now.

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 3:58PM
tombob(z6IL)

One of the reasons it has lasted all these years is it has STEEL wheels. Every mower I look at today has plastic wheels,every one!

I have a 1987 Lawn Chief with a 3.5 hp B&S engine. It has steel wheels and a substantial deck. I use it as a trim mower and have since 1987. It has never had a major repair although it is starting to burn a bit of oil.

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 9:36PM
eric_2007

Tonight I was doing my weekly search on e bay for odd stuff and saw a lawn mower called goodall? from the pictures it is and oddball for sure. I dont recognize the engine or even the company name or set up. Im very tempted to bid on but thought if would fit right in this subject and wanted to know if anyone has ever seen one of these in person or what is the history behind them.

Here is a link that might be useful: lawn mower

Bookmark   May 2, 2009 at 10:47PM
pongt17(OH)

I found a couple on Craig's list in my area. Here's one that is a "Cycle Mower" http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1149704715.html

and this one looks different too. Almost like it had been modified? http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/1154326350.html

Bookmark   May 5, 2009 at 12:15PM
scott1971

Not sure of the year. But if I remember correctly it has a 32' cut, and has a 6hp b&s. And is self propelled.

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 3:11PM
Mike72

Goodall Equipment has been making this style of mower since at least the 1940s. I don't think they were aimed at the home owner market.

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 3:53PM
zoulas

Looks like a riding mower without the rider--) Real Nice!

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 5:11PM
rdaystrom

For Goodall guys.
Search yahoo for Goodall and you'll find a group there that loves these things.

Bookmark   July 5, 2009 at 3:50AM
More Discussions
Advice Needed on a Used Mclane Reel Mower
Hello! I live in Southern California (San Fernando...
hbcsc153
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™