hydrostatic drive no reverse

wannafishMay 5, 2011

I had just replaced transaxle 205020c in my scotts mower,when i tried it out it run fine for a minite then it slowed down and would hardley go. so I read on theese forums how to purge this axle, It worked great til I put it in reverse, It did it again, I let it set and cool and did the purge procedure again, now it works great in forward but I have no reverse. this is a new axle, what would make it loose reverse. I checked oil level added about 6 oz still no reverse my brake is releaseing all the way. It has me stumped, what do i do now?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

One would think a new axle one could do a few purge cycles and all would be good. Is the level no more than 3 1/2" down? Physically the shift linkage is tight and not worn etc? Probably I'd do a few more cycles. I wonder if you will end up pulling it and doing the bellows loading procedure....

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 1:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wannafish

The oil level was not down,the linkage is fine,I even adjusted linkage to give more travel to reverse. I looked in the forums I see no bellows loading procedure, Is there a diagram of the internal valving? or internal linkage avaliable? If I split the case is anything going to jump out that i need to know about? Or who needs reverse and just keep mowing!

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 7:28AM
More Discussions
John Deere L110
The mower has been sitting for 3 years, it ran when...
paddlingjohn
Need Craftsman mower grass bag
I have a very old, but really good condition Craftsman...
olddaddy
Briggs and Stratton spark plug confusion
I've got a B & S opposed twin 422707 on a Craftsman...
yt125
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™