A site for new people to see

toomuchglass(5)August 26, 2010

I see so many new junkers here with us -- I'd like to share a site that was posted awhile back. If you like plate flowers - you'll die looking at Shabby Joe's !

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Joe's Awesome site

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I'm not new but enjoyed all the nice stuff he has!! Jan

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 12:52AM
Marlene Kindred

Very cool stuff!

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 10:16AM
toomuchglass(5)

People have asked and experimented with how to attach plate flowers to the stem -- here's what shabby Joe does - copied from his FAQ page.....

What's that on the back of the bottom plate?

That black round object is, yes! a hockey puck. Pucks are study rubber that lets Shabby Joe drill into it to allow the stem of the floral to be inserted.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 12:16PM
greensuzq

OMG, Thank you for posting this. I recall reading about the hockey pucks, but had forgotten about it. My hubby has some in the barn I will have to finally get rid of. :)

This is amazing that Shabby Joe is in MI. I am originally from MI and I think I will have to go in Sept. for the fair and even possibly go to his shop. I have family there and go every month or so. Thanks for this, gives me a little something more to check into.

I have actually been looking for some type of small business to start and this is really exciting for me. THANKS!!

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 1:47PM
luna_llena_feliz

toomuchglass, you and I should jump the pond sometime and go over to Michigan to see this place! Looks like his booth or shop would be fun to see.

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 2:27AM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

Thank you for posting this, I'm not new, but come & go in spurts & have not seen his site before. I've saved it now for future reference...not that any of my plate flowers will get made, but one can dream! ;-)

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 9:57AM
mzclassic(z9 FL)

I've been making mine with hockey pucks for quite a while now. My GD works at an ice rink so I was able to get loads of them. They stay on great and painted green like the rebar stem they look like part of the flower. I will have to try and take some photos to show how they turn out.

Donna in Florida

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 2:54PM
toomuchglass(5)

ROAD TRIP -- Luna !!! ( Or should I say "Cruise" ? ) LOL

I'm glad that reposting this site helped ! I Keep alot of sites to look at Later .... Shabby Joe's just caught my eye !

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 6:12PM
suezn5

Are there hockey pucks on the back of the plate flowers on the wall, too? It seems like that would hold them too far from the wall. I'd like to make an indoor display like Shabby Joe's. I think clear silicone could hold the plates together, but how do I hang them? Is buying metal plate holders the best way?

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 9:28AM
More Discussions
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™