Mowers with a Briggs I/C engine

fredmertz(NW Indiana)May 17, 2011

Just wanted to know if Sears or any other manufacturer has a rear wheel drive mower with a Briggs I/C engine. If so, what name do they call it these days? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

UHHHH--Power plant? Maybe "MOTOR"? Uhh--they call the tractor--"Craftsman!" Ohh! Self-propelled, maybe? ;o) RJ

    Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 9:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

As far as I know (and I could be wrong), Briggs no longer offers an I/C version of any of their side-valve ("flathead") engines for use on walk behind mowers. To get an I/C version, a mower manufacturer has to use an engine from Briggs' OHV "Professional Series" line.

I don't know if any mower manufacturers currently use an I/C version of one of Briggs' OHV engines.

    Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 9:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fredmertz(NW Indiana)

rustyj14.............Take your meds.

    Bookmark   May 19, 2011 at 6:38AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I looked at the B&S site and did not see a commercial single-cylinder vertical shaft of any kind. The hot ticket in commercial engines is the Honda GSV160 and 190 - basically a GCV on steroids. Then you have the Kawasaki FJ180 and the other Honda commercials (GXV). I think that's it.

    Bookmark   May 19, 2011 at 9:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
Snapper 21 BBC Rehab complete! see pics
Guys, Finally after much effort I finished the Snapper...
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™