Ornamec question

western_ncMay 1, 2011

I've just redone my lawn with a seeded verity of bermuda and it's coming in great. I have a few beds of mostly Hino type Azaleas, trees, Junipers and border type hedges. These beds do not have borders I just use an edger and round-up to keep the beds in a neat shape. I plan on doing the same with my new lawn. I also know that I will have to do a little more maintenance inside the bed to keep the bermuda out as it creeps from underground. My question is if I spray Ornamec on bermuda creeping in let�s say a foot into my bed will it hurt any bermuda that's in my lawn? My thinking is that if a runner is coming from a bermuda plant from in my lawn spraying it with Ornamec will kill the connecting plant. Is this correct, or am I over thinking it. Thanks guys.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
botanicalbill(9b SWFlorida)

It should not as Fluazifop-P-butyl kills what it touches, like round up. I have used this on my shrubs and works great. If I am not mistaken, it does not travel down the stems, only up, thus only killing what it touches.

I also mix it 5:1 with triclopyr and use this on my zoysia to kill dallisgrass and bermuda. This mixture works wonders.

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 7:02PM
More Discussions
I need a lawn "redo". More weeds than grass and more...
Here's the skinny. We live in Jacksonville, FL. Everybody...
Rich Possert
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
What type of grass grows best is very shady areas in South East Texas?
I live in South East Texas and have many trees and...
dcloteaux1350
Poa Annua already making it's jump!
PA typically comes up here in April, we're mid Feb...
gsweater
New bermuda sod just installed
It is 30 degrees here and I was told to water every...
420benz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™