A Rusty Tool Gate

kirkus(5a)August 22, 2011

You might remember that my in-laws gave me money a few years back for my birthday and I bought this old gate with a few tools on it. (My in-laws know me well as they also gave me an old metal, watering can which I love!)

Well, I placed the gate in front of an electric box by the driveway to camouflage the box. (The gate can be easily moved if need be.) I've added more tools and old faucet handles on and around the gate. I'm addicted to old, rusty tools! They have stories to tell! :o) I pick them up at garage sales and thrift stores and family members give them to me as well! :o)

Here is a photo of the gate and also one of an old nail keg I arranged some tools in. :o) ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

Absolutely WONDERFUL, Kirk! You've got a great collection of rusty tools going!

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 3:18AM
marylee_2010

That is totally great, Kirk. You have a bumper crop of trowels along with your Hens and Chickens. Everything looks wonderful. You are an inspiration to us all. We should never throw anything away. LOL

Marylee

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 7:23AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Love the trowel garden.
Kathy

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 7:31AM
oldrustybucket

On my....we obviously have the same rust disorder..it has escalated to even impacting my name!
Love the gate...and other artifacts!

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 8:54AM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Love the fence. I have several rusty old tools just waited to be hung. I bought a couple metal hang on the door shoe racks and I think I am going to put those on the back of my shed, since that is a blank canvas right now,

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 10:06AM
geeme(5)

tried twice to post here. maybe third time charm??? Anyway . love what you are doing with that area, it all fits together and looks great. I am surprised you have not made a hand trowel wind chime to go with your rusty garden. geeme

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 10:50AM
soxxxx

Another old trowel and old garden tool collecter here.
So of coarse I love yours.

I have a collection of 9 garden rake heads on a fence.
One lady visiting me asked if I had worn them all out.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 1:35PM
kylslil1(8b)

awe neato! i want to make one of these!! hey what did you ever do with all the crystal drop thingies from that lamp?

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:10PM
Marlene Kindred

Looking good Kirk! Love all of the tools in the dirt in front of the gate too!

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 9:14PM
jeannespines

Wonderful display of the 'oldies!' Gotta love that rust! What a great pc to display them on & the Hen & Cks & rock garden around it looks great! I like how you 'stuck' the spades in the ground around that! You nail keg rocks, too! (or maybe I should say 'rusts, too!' TFS, kirk! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 10:23PM
nonacook(8bFL)

Awesome use of the gate and the tools.When Hurricane Ivan (and the next year H. Dennis) knocked the fences down, I kept all the gates. I leaned one on a stump, and now a camphor tree has grown through it....I need to cut it out! I also have a couple of containers of tools....
Now that this year, I have finally got most of the trash/weeds/vines out, I hope to get things hanging on the fence before the year is out.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 12:02AM
laurastheme(8)

I love the fence. I wish my DH was more into that type of thing. All he sees in it is junk. I see art.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 12:25AM
oldcrafty(8)

Wowzers!!! I have the old gate, not rusty, but a piece I want to salvage from my dad's before we sell the land. And I have a bunch of his old rusty tools and thanks to you I now know what to do with them! Thanks for sharing your creation. Gotta be on the look-out for some rusty trowels now. I even have the old nail keg and big old tools. Can't wait to dig them out!!!

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 11:12AM
sunnyca_gw

Great arrangement & can't ever tell anyone you can't find anything to dig with. I would end up using some from time to time! The hens & chicks look great there & bring out the rusty look of the tools! Jan

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 7:31PM
calicocat1967

Love rusty stuff.....the more rust the better in my opinion LOL !!! Your displays are marvelous.

Kim

Bookmark   August 25, 2011 at 3:45PM
october17(5chgo)

Me too! Me too! Love rusty stuff! I love that gate. Where did you get that?

Bookmark   August 26, 2011 at 5:38AM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™