whats the difference between these 2 hondas?

garettMay 15, 2008

does anyone know the difference between these 2 mowers? only thing i can tell is that one is made witn Nexite and the other is Xenoy. the one in the second link is available at the home depot here.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2LM&modelname=HRX217K2VKA&modelid=HRX2172VKA

http://www.canns-bilco.com/store.asp?pid=20346

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_kapaun

The K2 would be a production design change of the same mower.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 3:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
1saxman

I knew about 'Xenoy' but not 'Nexite'. They're obviously both polymer material, and the 'Nexite' has a limited lifetime warranty where the 'Xenoy' was for five years. Looks to me like they have changed over to the 'Nexite'. I had a 'Xenoy' deck on a HRB216TDA and it was fine deck material, so I would suppose the 'Nexite' is even better. In order to be 'better' to me, it would have to be stiffer without being heavier, and I find no real description of it. One small benefit of polymer decks is the color goes all the way through, so you can buff out scratches, etc. and use a car wax on it if you're so inclined, to keep it looking new. The only disadvantage to a polymer deck is it will melt and burn in a mower fire, which would be probably the least of anybody's worry. With minimal care and precaution, you're not going to have a mower fire, and if you did have one bad enough to melt the deck, the rest of the mower would be trashed anyway.

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
Reel Mower for Bermuda Lawn?
I was looking at the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower...
void.pointer
Briggs and Stratton spark plug confusion
I've got a B & S opposed twin 422707 on a Craftsman...
yt125
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™