happy fall!

kirkus(5a)September 20, 2011

Bart, my carved bear at the entrance to our road, is all ready for Fall. Added a few more things this year...the bear Welcome sign on the post, the metal wheel, and the moose on the birdhouse post... Bart was a gift from a student many, many years ago. HAPPY FALL!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

How pretty. I just love the sunflower. Bart is so patience to let you dress him up....lol

How is the selling of your house going?? Mine has been on the market for 5 years.............grrrrrrrrr

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:11AM
marylee_2010

What a wonderful welcome!

Marylee

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:28AM
kirkus(5a)

Thanks everyone! Chelcass, we decided to stay and deal with the many Homeowners rules... We really love our home and acreage. Looked at other properties but nothing compares to where we live. Sometimes you have to see what's on the other side of the fence to appreciate what you have. :o) HAPPY FALL, EVERYONE! :o)

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:40AM
sunnyca_gw

Bart looks like he is ready to"bear with fall days ahead"! Love your sign & the sunflower, did you make it? The rake head & wheel look very nice in the "fall" setting! TFS Jan

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 9:35PM
Purplemoon

I LOVE Bart. And I love seeing him decorated. What a great sight for folks driving by to be welcomed by this delightful ol' guy!

I'm glad you decided to stay there, your place looks so wonderful in all the photos and hearing all the tales of life there. (HOA's need to be banished in my opinion!!)

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 10:16PM
jeannespines

Howdy, Part...errr, Bart! Looks mighty welcomin' in your neck of the woods! Reminds me of Disney's 'Brother Bear' book! TFS! Jeanne S. (love your additions, too...the moose is cute!)

Bookmark   September 20, 2011 at 11:53PM
Marlene Kindred

Bart is lookin' fine at your entrance! The most welcoming bear I've ever seen. Love the new additions to the birdhouse and really like your sunflower and other decorations too! Happy Fall to you too!

Bookmark   September 23, 2011 at 9:32PM
lady_wolfe

I love the display Kirkus. From things I've seen you post, I would love to wander thru your yard. I thought you had quite a few acres up there. Even with acreage there is a HOA. I hate those things.

Bookmark   October 7, 2011 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™