JohnDeere JX75 walk-behind mower

bobbiedMay 7, 2011

I have a JD JX75 walk-behind mower with a 6hp Kawasaki engine. When I pull to start, it fires a time or two then quits. checked fuel, spark plug, compression, and spark. someone told me the ignition coil/module may not be producing sufficient spark. want to change ignition coil/module but can't figure out how to get to it. how do i remove engine cover? HELP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Is this the first start of the year? If so, at least drain the carb bowl to see if water is present. The engine cover comes off once you remove the recoil. Some have an extra screw in the airbox. Does it have an external igniter?

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 11:25PM
rob_norharco

I have the same mower and I'm having a similar problem. Mine just won't start. I took apart the carb and cleaned it real good. Starting fluid will make it want to run but it just wont. How can I find a rebuild kit? The bowl gasket was shot the last time but I got it back together and I know if I take it apart again I will need a new one, but figured why not buy a rebuild kit anyway.

Thank you for your help.
Rob

Bookmark   March 30, 2012 at 1:30PM
bill_kapaun

From what I see on the web, the engine is a FC150V-JS00

Google that

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 10:03PM
civilmel

I have a John Deere JX75 someone gave me. It starts right up first pull, but will sputter and die after running for 5 minutes or so. Sometimes it will sputter and keep running. I have taken the carb apart many times and the smallest holes in the center tube keep getting plugged. Put in an inline filter and no change. Wonder about gas cap? Switch to non ethanol gas also. No sure what problem is?

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
Reel Mower for Bermuda Lawn?
I was looking at the Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower...
void.pointer
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™