I know it's off message but. . . .

tehutiSeptember 21, 2010

Okay, I'll put it outside in the garden for a day.

BTW the shooter (marble) was cooked at 500 degrees for 20 minutes then immediately submerged in ice water. The crackled look is really cool. I think I'll try other glass pieces and see what happens.

My sincere thanks to all the generous encouragement from the members of this forum - I opened a very expensive art gallery some place on the internet - you'll have to find it because I can't post or link to it here according to the "Businesses Using the Forums". I'll have to be real careful to stay out of trouble. I might have to cut all the links to photobucket if I put any links to the business site up there. Actually it may not be possible to post ANY pictures here in the future.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

That's really beautiful, great idea with the marbles.

I would love to see your store. It took me less than a second to find your Robert's Backyard blog page, but couldn't find your store with several searches. The link was rejected in the preview so I pasted it in.

http://www.robertsbackyard.com/

Maybe someone else will find and post the store or if you put a link on the blog page and then we go there and just happen to find the link to the store......

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 10:49AM
kelly_oh(OH z6)

Good for you, Robert!!! Yes, please link your store to your blog!!!! That will be very sad if you can't post pictures here, I'll just have to bookmark your other sites and 'keep an eye on you' :)

I have a sliver of a memory of my Granny cracking marbles like crazy when I was little, but I was thinking she boiled them, then iced them. hmmmm, there's got to be a 'how to' on the net somewhere!

Good luck on your endeavor, I think your sculptures will sell quickly!!!

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 11:05AM
Marlene Kindred

BEAUTIFUL Angel Robert! So glad you know you've open a gallery! Best of luck to you and I'll have to do some sleuthing and hopefully can find your store.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 12:22PM
greensuzq

Love your blog and of course your creations. Now you know we are all searching for your store. I have your blog bookmarked and will keep an eye on you. :)

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 1:49PM
smickerdoodle

This is beautiful...as is everything you ever make. Thank you for sharing it wiht us.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 5:50PM
mary2010(9 FL)

Love, love, love this piece. The whole thing just catches your eye. The shape, color . . . everything. Keep up the wonderful work.

Bookmark   September 21, 2010 at 7:55PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I want to see your store too!
Cool idea with the marbles. We used to cook marbles on my grandma's heater in her dining room (when she wasn't looking) he he. I hadn't thought about that for a while!
Kathy

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™