Anyone ever use an electric mower?

FrogmoreFarmMay 10, 2014

As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really bad for lawnmowers as well as cars & trucks. Has anyone ever tried an electric mower for small yards and trim work close to the house? Any brand suggestions or warnings??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed_cutter

I used a Black & Decker corded electric on a small yard for years and thought it was great. Don't cross the cord. Start close to the power source and mow back & forth across the yard moving away from the power source. Dealing with the cord was a bother but I never had problems with the mower, started every time the switch was flipped. Good for small yards where a 100' cord will reach everything. No experience with a battery mower but I think I'd opt for the corded version. Replacement batteries can be expensive.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 9:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mallory28

I love my Black and Decker cordless mower. I used to have a corded mower, and one problem for me was the cord. I don't have any exterior outlets. I would start out with a 100-foot extension plugged in to an outlet in the garage, but to get the far part of the side yard done, I would have to plug in to an outlet in the living room and prop the door open!

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 11:48PM
More Discussions
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Champion Spark Plug lack of quality
Picked up a set of RJ12C's to have on hand when I do...
yt125
Engine trouble! B&S 13.5hp
My old Heritage ride-on has a Briggs& Stratton...
Over_here
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™