Anyone ever use an electric mower?

FrogmoreFarmMay 10, 2014

As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really bad for lawnmowers as well as cars & trucks. Has anyone ever tried an electric mower for small yards and trim work close to the house? Any brand suggestions or warnings??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed_cutter

I used a Black & Decker corded electric on a small yard for years and thought it was great. Don't cross the cord. Start close to the power source and mow back & forth across the yard moving away from the power source. Dealing with the cord was a bother but I never had problems with the mower, started every time the switch was flipped. Good for small yards where a 100' cord will reach everything. No experience with a battery mower but I think I'd opt for the corded version. Replacement batteries can be expensive.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 9:39PM
mallory28

I love my Black and Decker cordless mower. I used to have a corded mower, and one problem for me was the cord. I don't have any exterior outlets. I would start out with a 100-foot extension plugged in to an outlet in the garage, but to get the far part of the side yard done, I would have to plug in to an outlet in the living room and prop the door open!

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 11:48PM
tuber1974

I have an EGO 56v mower. It works great but my only complain is it is a push mower.

Bookmark   March 19, 2015 at 9:47AM
freginold

I've used a small Black & Decker (possibly Ryobi) electric mower a few times. Works well enough, but the cord is definitely the biggest problem. You have to be very careful to keep it out of the mowing path. The mower itself was fine, very lightweight and does not require a lot of maintenance -- no air filter, spark plug, carb, etc.

Bookmark   6 hours ago
More Discussions
airens 1534 mini zoom no crank
I've got a 15hp Briggs motor that I attempted to jump...
baldo6878
Honda Mower Problem-Backfire thru Carb?
I have a Honda walk behind that has been awsome until...
jteekell
Tecumseh Starting Issues
Ok, for a bald man I just have no more hair to pull...
unciet
Toro Zero turn
Having trouble with Toro Time cutter ZT4200,Koehler...
Amy Bebensee
Sears 6.75 B&S 21" push mower
My 6.75 B&S engine is surging all the time I'm...
gramontj
Sponsored Products
Colonial Mills Ticking Stripe Stair Tread - Oval - 8 x 28 in. - Set of 13 - TK10
$187.99 | Hayneedle
New Oriental Rug Tribal Afghan Baluch Blue Runner Hand Knotted Wool Rug Free Pad
BH Sun Inc
Lavender Silk Shade 3x5x4.25 (Clip-On)
$29.91 | Lamps Plus
54 x 34 Granite Shower Base Black Stone - SPACIUM SHADOW
Living'ROC
Tannery Bronze Wall Sconce 1-Light
$48.00 | PLFixtures
Chevron Yellow and White Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$350.00 | Bellacor
Ava Barley Fabric Walnut Dining Chair
bryght.com
Fireclay Butler Large 29.5-inch Kitchen Sink