Weed and Feed on Bahia grass

svdbybld(9)June 25, 2007

Any suggestions on using weed and feed on argentine Bahia. And yes I want to keep the Bahia. Brand? Does it really work?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quirkyquercus

A lot of herbicides kill bahia so you'd be better off sticking with fertilizer. Unfortunately for you a lot of fertilizer also kills bahia because it can be easily burned. If you can find fertilizer designed specifically for centipedegrass, you might try that. 15-x-x comes to mind Don't wast time with weed and feed. I would aslo warn against fertilizing bahia. It will take over and grow too aggressively for any human to keep up with by mid july. There may be other conditions that are creating a challenge for you such as shade or competition for moisture and nutrients.

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 11:15AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
svdbybld(9)

Thanks for the info. I have been using a 16-4-8 (Ferti-lome) Fertilizer and Milorganite. 16-4-8 seems to be reccomended for Florida Lawns. But Iave seen some weed and feed for bahia and was curiou. My lawn looks great right now, but I do cut it every 3-5 days. It has gotten really thick and dense and choked out most of the weeds. But there is still some. I know most people do not like Bahia lawns but it works for me. I have no sprinkler system so St. Augustine is out of the question.

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 12:40PM
More Discussions
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
Artificial Turf and Gophers
Hello everyone - newbie in gardening here. If I am...
sallophane
Synthetic rattan or Natural rattan furniture?
Guys, I would like to know your opinion. Which do you...
kevin497
Termite in my yard
I have termites eating my grass roots and killing the...
kmiec
What type of grass grows best is very shady areas in South East Texas?
I live in South East Texas and have many trees and...
dcloteaux1350
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™