nyaahh! I can wait no longer!

kathyjb(8)September 4, 2010

I can't wait! I just gotta put out my Fall decorations for the front door. I was surfing ideas on images and found some great ones using the items I have. So off I go to collect stuff from last year and display it once again!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Oh Kathy don't worry, I've been incorporating a little fall here and there the last few weeks, too. It's time. A lot of things outdoors are starting to look fallish and those fall birds are back. Haven't got it hung up yet but last weekend I went and dug my old grapevine and sunflower wreath out of the shed and very soon I'll be looking for that fake pumkin I use every year. It's still hot here and I'm darn sure ready for fall. :) Donna

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 12:08PM
kathyjb(8)

Yep, still hot here, but the North side of my house stays more shaded and it just feels like fall. I saw 3 bluebirds at our cattle pasture yesterday. I lost all my mums in August so I guess I'll be buying more. I can't wait till they come out at the nursery's. Maybe I'll get me some silk ones like my friend does, lol. We just got 2.1 inches of rain the past two days so things ought to really shape up. Nothing better than rain to make your yard come alive.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 1:50PM
luna_llena_feliz

The weather around here sure feels like fall! It is only 63 here right now. It was in the 80s just the other day. Some leaves are falling off trees too. I'm not sure if it's because they need more water or not. Yep, fall is in the air!

Cute fall decor, kathyjb!

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 2:18PM
Marlene Kindred

AAAHhhhh Fall...can't wait for it to hit VA! Today has been so gorgeous that it makes me start thinking about fall as well...things are taking on that overgrown and fall colored look here, so it shouldn't be long now.

Love your decorations...and good for you for putting them out when you want to!

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 4:39PM
sunnyca_gw

Fall, what's that? It was over 100 today, I laid around after I came back from giving dad haircut, shave & shower, until almost dark & went out & weeded & trimmed in garden, what a mess,glad I had bro. cement in 9 places where I can stick in a pole & attach shadecloth,& I did or wouldn't have any yard.By time I get home from helping with my dad it's almost dark & can't do much but water here & there. They are finally letting us water 3 times a week so that will help. I think the porch looks lovely & like all the marigolds under the windows,too. Jan

Bookmark   September 5, 2010 at 1:48AM
timbuck2

Very nice display you have there.A pleasure to view. My junky yard is downright ashamed.

Bookmark   September 5, 2010 at 2:04AM
oldcrafty(8)

your deco looks great......my favorite time to decorate is for the fall. Mine will be going out real soon.....would probably have gotten started this week-end...but no holiday or weekend for me....gotta work! Your marigolds look soooo good....and the perfect color

Bookmark   September 5, 2010 at 7:59AM
oldcrafty(8)

your deco looks great......my favorite time to decorate is for the fall. Mine will be going out real soon.....would probably have gotten started this week-end...but no holiday or weekend for me....gotta work! Your marigolds look soooo good....and the perfect color

Bookmark   September 5, 2010 at 8:00AM
More Discussions
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Chain link fence arbor how-to ideas?
I have a new chain link fence running from my house...
servelan
Sponsored Products
Corona Chrome Eight-Light 24-Inch Semi Flush Mount with Royal Cut Clear Crystal
$882.00 | Bellacor
Princess & Frog Toy Chest
Classic Hostess
Leucos | Ony LED Recessed Lighting
$522.00 | YLighting
Gypsy Rug - R1075CIT
$23.19 | Hayneedle
Monarch French Gold Sixteen-Light 37-Inch Chandelier with Royal Cut Golden Teak
Bellacor