Lawn Girl 10-302

davencMay 6, 2010

The neighbor dropped off a 10-302 and a Troy-bilt rider the other day. I'm cleaning off about 2 qts of oil dirt and draining about 3 qts of oil out of the Lawn Girl and I got down to the transmission. There hasn't been a belt on it for many years and the transmission is "notchy" when I turn the pulley by hand. It does not spin freely and I havn't looked on the parts list yet. I was thinking of just greasing it up and let it go until it fails as I think the damage has already been done. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davenc

Anybody awake???

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 12:06AM
1saxman

You'll have to give more details on the LB 10302 - was this a 2-cycle? I don't understand where the '3 quarts of oil' came from. Pull the rear wheels and clean/lube the gears on the ends of the axle - each gear has a little ratchet inside, and there's a grease hole in each end of the axle. Use #2 White Lithium grease on the wheel ends and #00 grease in the box.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 10:52AM
orangedotfever

The 10320 was a 4 cycle Tecumseh. If you drained 3 quarts of oil out of it, it was WAY overfilled. I'm not familiar with this model. Hopefully someone else can help.

Bookmark   May 9, 2010 at 10:58AM
davenc

The 10302 was the 4 cycle Lawn Boy Silver Series mower with a Tec. engine. And yes, it was overfilled. I suppose I'm lucky that the family that donated it to me got tired with it as soon as they did! Anyway, the gearbox has been taken care of...all smooth now. Another problem has cropped up. While cleaning the engine, some of the linkage from governer and underneath the throttle plate fell apart?!!? Does anyone have some detailed pics of the governer arm to carb throttle shaft linkage? The Toro master parts viewer does not show how they fit or link-up. Thanks.

Bookmark   May 10, 2010 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Champion Spark Plug lack of quality
Picked up a set of RJ12C's to have on hand when I do...
yt125
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
John Deere L110
The mower has been sitting for 3 years, it ran when...
paddlingjohn
Mclane 20" mower at Sears... why so inexpensive?
Hey everyone, I want to get yall's input on a mower...
bobbarker14
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™